• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    That reasoning means that it's intended purpose would be to hurt someone and so that makes it a weapon. I hope you enjoyed the concert and left it home.

I know you already attended that event, but I have one thought about your question. You wanted to know if they would consider your Dec as a weapon. I think you answered the question yourself when you said you wanted it in case you came upon some bad people. Your stated intent for the knife was for protection, that comment says that you already considered your Dec as a weapon, although a defensive weapon. But it is still a weapon in any discussion.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

In hindsight your absolutely right had I brought the knife and been involved in some sort of altercation and during the investigation the police discovered this post, I might have been charged with some sort of intent.

In the end I think the pepper spray option was the right choice. Cheap, moderately effective in creating a little distance if needed.

I’m seriously looking at that belt posted above. I really like a good rugged belt anyway.

Roneut

Oct 10, 2010
    The reason for the caribiners is they can be palmed with a few fingers through...like makeshift brass knuckles.

Well that's just silly. I say let 'em do exactly that and learn the hard way what it gets them:

Attachments

• phal+fx.JPEG.png
      phal+fx.JPEG.png
      16.8 KB · Views: 185

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    That reasoning means that it's intended purpose would be to hurt someone and so that makes it a weapon. I hope you enjoyed the concert and left it home.

When I'm in a non permissive environment, I'm intentionally bringing weapons with me and violating their weapons possession policy to the best of my legal ability. I don't see the word "weapon" as a bad thing. F-em for not allowing me to defend myself. Along with this comes the understanding that if I'm caught, I can be asked to give up the knife to get in or asked to leave. I'm comfortable with this tradeoff.

bluedog46

Ultimate Member
    Jan 2, 2011
    alot of it depends on where you are and who you piss off. In delaware it has to be less than 3 inches if its concealled many, but not all cops i know consider the clip showing if the knife is in your pocket to not be concealled but some do. Again depends on who you tick off. You have have longer blades with a carry permit in delaware. In Philadelphia PA i have heard of people getting in trouble for your standard edc knife when there are issues with the cops. Usually an open carrier who knows their rights and the cops get ticked and find something to make an issue of.

lkenefic

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    I read through some of these posts with amusement. Basically, I'm getting the gist that anything depending upon which LEO, private security, or rent a cop, is any specific venue can consider anything a weapon. Maybe that's why I've had more multi tools confiscated than I can shake a stick at. I think I'll hit up ebay to see if I can get a couple of them back... cheap. It's a cottage industry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom