• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Yea, I was going to say I would have to stretch the image vertically to compensate for the low angle. Octave Image tools should have a function for that.
    Maybe a + and - button on the GUI to adjust it.
    The longer the lens focal lengths, the less that would be needed too.
    I’ll work on that another time.

I just connected a touchscreen to the Pi so I’m not tied to the computer to program the Pi code.

Sent from my bunker using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll keep you in mind when it’s time to fab parts.
    I did find that the RPi will need some airflow. I ordered a pair of 5v micro fans.
    If this works well, it should be able to calculate the group spreads too. That would be the ultimate test if it can differentiate small groups of shots.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I did find that the RPi will need some airflow. I ordered a pair of 5v micro fans.
    You might be able to get away with a couple of quality heat sinks.

My plan for mine is to cut a hole in the top of the plastic box to let the tall heat sink sit partially exposed.

If you do go with a heat sink, remember the most important part is getting a solid connection between the sink and what you are trying to cool. I've found the thermal pads to be trash on my PC application and bought the expensive compound (silver-something?) with good results.

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL

My plan for mine is to cut a hole in the top of the plastic box to let the tall heat sink sit partially exposed.

If you do go with a heat sink, remember the most important part is getting a solid connection between the sink and what you are trying to cool. I've found the thermal pads to be trash on my PC application and bought the expensive compound (silver-something?) with good results.

Good idea. How do you hold the heat sink on, zip ties?
    Right now I have the touch screen, and case/stand, and just today received the back cover. I was going to mount the fans on the cover. (I don’t like having to drill all the air holes. It always looks hacked )

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD

There's a couple of fairly inexpensive Pi cases out there with built in cooling. I just ordered this one (arrived yesterday). For $9. I'm using it to stream video of 3D prints so I can monitor remote (using Octoprint).

Attachments

• 61EMWS4JcCL._SL1200_.jpg
      61EMWS4JcCL._SL1200_.jpg
      55.6 KB · Views: 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads