• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    It is now clear that Lawnchair Larry will be defying the ENTIRE Maryland Republican delegation if he lets the HPRB die. Larry has now received official correspondence from not just the Eastern Shore MGA Republicans, but he now has a letter from all Republican delegates and senators demanding that he veto this bill.

The “word on the street” that Larry is now boxed in and will veto. Let’s face it, if he does not veto, he will be laying down in the face of this power-grab challenge to the Executive branch, and will be disgracefully sanctioning the end of true citizen oversight of the MSP bureaucracy.

Attatched are letters to Larry Hogan from the Maryland House Republican Caucus and Maryland General Assembly Eastern Shore Delegation.

This is all thanks the culmination of hard work put in by Jeff Hulbert, Tim Otwell, Ray Dukes, Bob Arthur, Vance Webster, Jamie Wink, Larry Friedman, and Jordan Krock.

Attachments

• Governor Re Veto Request on HB 1343 SB 1000.pdf
      598.1 KB · Views: 198
    • Letter to Hogan from Arentz.jpg
      Letter to Hogan from Arentz.jpg
      42.2 KB · Views: 644

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I think we all had a hand in that one, though they too deserve credit. I know I wrote a personal letter, called and did the same thing to the Maryland GOP. I included the following points:

1. The MGA has continually taken steps to weaken the executive branch, citing the AG's separate budget and his lack of control over it and the AG.

2. The governor needs to send a message that a line has been drawn, and he has nothing to worry about since he can't be re-elected governor. But him letting the bill become law without an objection would be harmful to him, if he elects to run for another office.

3. The Board is the only means to insure that the average citizen is allow input to the CCW process. A process that has not been unduly overturning the MSP. That the right to self-defense is indeed a right acknowledged universally, as our troop exercise that right, our police exercise that right and is acknowledge in the defense of our homes. That right should not be limited to just our domiciles.

I had a few others as well.

P.S.

Looks like some people will have to admit that they were wrong about the governor on this issue.

I think we all had a hand in that one, though they too deserve credit. I know I wrote a personal letter, called and did the same thing to the Maryland GOP. I included the following points:

1. The MGA has continually taken steps to weaken the executive branch, citing the AG's separate budget and his lack of control over it and the AG.

2. The governor needs to send a message that a line has been drawn, and he has nothing to worry about since he can't be re-elected governor. But him letting the bill become law without an objection would be harmful to him, if he elects to run for another office.

3. The Board is the only means to insure that the average citizen is allow input to the CCW process. A process that has not be unduly overturning the MSP. That the right to self-defense is indeed a right acknowledged universally, as our troop exercise that right, our police exercise that right and is acknowledge in the defense of our homes. That right should not be limited to just our domiciles.

I had a few others as well.

P.S.

Looks like some people will have to admit that they were wrong about the governor on this issue

We wern't wrong. We have no idea what he would have done if the Republicans wouldn't have pressured him. We do however know that the Republicans were concerned enough that he would NOT veto it to send these letters...That shows me that we were actually right and Hogan was going to sign it until he was pressured into the veto...

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Yes...when the MGA assembles again in January they're required to take up vetoes first. Since it was passed with a veto-proof majority it will likely be over-ridden unless Hell stays frozen over.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Thanks to all who worked against this bill. Just saw a snippet of Mopar’s testimony on Instagram. Well done, sir!!!

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    Yes...when the MGA assembles again in January they're required to take up vetoes first. Since it was passed with a veto-proof majority it will likely be over-ridden unless Hell stays frozen over.

This! His veto affects nothing except when the law goes into effect. He knows it. It has nothing to do with principle and everything to do with appearances. He thinks his Republican constituents are compliant because he's better than the alternative. He's also looking for higher office. In this state he has to be a Democrat. He is, in everything except party label.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    In the meantime, is there actually an HPRB with enough rational members to carry on and do what needs to be done? Is the MSP still reflexively kicking all modifications (by the board) to the OAH?

I get the importance of Hogan doing the right thing for its own sake, but it’s still a dim future for permit applicants until we get relief through the courts.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    This gives us six months to continue working on defeating this travesty of justice against our civil rights. Always keep in mind that the Dims DO NOT HAVE TO vote on it again in January. Think of this as Plan "B" if Plan A (SCOTUS) doesn't work out.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    In the meantime, is there actually an HPRB with enough rational members to carry on and do what needs to be done? Is the MSP still reflexively kicking all modifications (by the board) to the OAH?

I get the importance of Hogan doing the right thing for its own sake, but it’s still a dim future for permit applicants until we get relief through the courts.

Nope. LL has some work to do filling four and really five seats and the first Tuesday in June is fast approaching. Unless he appoints four MDS/PP/MSI members this could be a real shit show.

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    Nope. LL has some work to do filling four and really five seats and the first Tuesday in June is fast approaching. Unless he appoints four MDS/PP/MSI members this could be a real shit show.

I have yet to receive a call... jus' sayin'...:sad20:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Aren’t his appointments at the mercy of the hostile legislature? I mean even if he nominated a straight Patriot Picket Approved(tm) slate, couldn’t they all get denied the gigs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom