• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Baltimore residents could get paid thousands of dollars for tips on the city’s armed criminals, federal and local law enforcement officials announced Thursday.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives will pay for information that leads to arrests of felons, drug dealers, and others who possess and use firearms in Baltimore City.

Those who report information about armed criminals could get anywhere from $1,000 to “upwards of $25,000,” Cekada said. Information can be provided anonymously to 888-ATF-TIPS.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ci-gun-reward-money-20190523-story.html

Maybe constitutional permitless carry should no longer only be confined to felons...

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    But is it enough money to pay for your funeral ???

They have to be out of their mind , me getting into the police game and they won't even approve a restriction free permit let alone the people that can't get a permit . They are stupid .

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Illegal immigrants do not count.
    An MS-13 member pays well, spend it fast! So this is in effect paying people for throwing a red flag. No repercussions and a couple dollars.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Maybe I can just have the ATF follow me around on a walking tour of the city where I swing a dead cat.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    BFD - They still won't get convicted and serve any jail time so what does the person turning them in get other than a little money and a target on their back?

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    This only works if violent, illegal gun-toting felons aren't let back out or immediately—or simply replaced with someone else looking to step up their game.

Pointless exercise. Spend the money somewhere that might make a difference.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    We all realize there will be some good guys caught up in this whole scheme to show all guns bad and all people are bad . The ATF could not care less who is being ratted out as long as the numbers are added to the yearly count .

Raineman

On the 3rd box
    Dec 27, 2008
    Eldersburg
    $25K should be the minimum, AND should include a relocation package.

OR they could do some work and find them themselves. I'm wondering if it would be that hard.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Ummmm that's gonna be a firm no.

Read the recent story about the guy held for ransom up in Philly, shot in the head (dead), then the killers STILL collected the money from the wife and dumped his body down by the Susquehanna River last winter. Now then, this was someone intimately involved in the game, not just an average Joe off the street. But,.... I'm not looking to test out the level of crazy it takes to be a part of something like that.

Nah,... I'll stick to grinding out a regular living rather than being an auxiliary police officer.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Because why keep violent felons locked up when you can just toss out nolles and put up a billboard...

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    An interesting statistic would be the number of nolies per actual prosecution. I suspect it would vary widely depending on jurisdiction.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    An interesting statistic would be the number of nolies per actual prosecution. I suspect it would vary widely depending on jurisdiction.

Between that, Stets and pleas down to almost literally nothing........

I bet it makes up over 70% of the cases.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    I don't have enough faith in the system to first convict, then to keep them locked away long enough. I don't want to have to look over my shoulder the rest of my life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom