• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Show this weekend!! SCSG will be there with a bunch -o- C&R rifles to choose from! Have a few Ruger PC carbines coming in as well if anyone is looking for one. Hope to see a bunch of MDSers there

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Well, I got some .38 special from SSSG, and a bandolier of .30-06 LC 69 in en-bloc clips.

Only one building this time, the (usual) other one was hosting an estate auction.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    SCSG was there with some good deals. I managed to pick up the parts I was hoping to find from EC armory. If you are looking for Mosin's, they have a bunch to choose from at the show. Unfortunately, it is a smaller show than it has been in years past. Several sources told me that the Howard County show has been cancelled so, even though the show isn't as big as it has been, it may be worth your time to go. BTW, the ammo guy was there and he has some .41 mag ammo that isn't priced too bad, if any of my fellow 41 mag fans are interested.

SCSG, it was nice seeing you guys!

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Pretty sad show...down to one building and tables were arranged to make it look like it was full of vendors. One vendor told me if it doesn't pick up this will be his last show there.

I realize it only takes finding that one thing you've been looking for to make a successful show but this was still sad. Thanks to the Maryland General Assembly and Martin O'Malley quality out-of-state vendors won't come into Maryland anymore. It's almost as if it was planned to be this way. :sarcasm:

schnmbang

Aug 23, 2014
    Terrible show only one building. Prices are so high and they had a terrible selection. I see now why me and a lot of my friends are driving 2+ hours to gymratz his prices make it hard to buy anything from these

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Found parts what I wanted from EC, but no second building.

If HoCo is cancelled, won't be long before Frederick is cancelled.

I guess it'll be back to 1 1/2 hours in traffic one way plus $16 to go Chantilly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Clifjr

Feb 2, 2014
    Germantown
    Very disappointed with the show today. Only one building and prices seemed high for most items. Sad day if this is the end of Silverado shows as I’ve always enjoyed them. Howard County show is not on the schedule anymore on their website but directions to it are so hopefully the will return in the future. And with what is going on in Virginia politics, I wonder if Chantilly will be on this same path? I think in the future I will be concentrating on PA gun shows.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Pretty sad show...down to one building and tables were arranged to make it look like it was full of vendors. One vendor told me if it doesn't pick up this will be his last show there.

I realize it only takes finding that one thing you've been looking for to make a successful show but this was still sad. Thanks to the Maryland General Assembly and Martin O'Malley quality out-of-state vendors won't come into Maryland anymore. It's almost as if it was planned to be this way. :sarcasm:

Show looks like it has fallen off a cliff. Was surprised.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I went hoping to see if anyone had the new Tikka T1x but none there. Maybe things happen for a reason I found a really nice alternative.

https://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series-rifles/x-ring-rifle-with-vantage-rs-stock

Also ran into Dist1646 at the door. Good to see you again.

As for the state of the Silverado shows it’s pretty sad. It’s clear we are seeing an anti gun feedback loop occurring. Show has fewer venders so they need to raise table price and vendors need to raise their prices to make the trip worthwhile, then fewer customers turn out and the cycle continues.

I’ve purchased optics from the Georgia guys multiple times they are always willing to negotiate. However I just don’t see how the trip could EVER be profitable. $180 for gas, $200 for meals and motel, 30 plus hours of driving, setup, selling and takedown. Say $100 for tables, maybe more. If they clear 20% on scopes they would need to sell $4500 in merchandise just to break even.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I went hoping to see if anyone had the new Tikka T1x but none there. Maybe things happen for a reason I found a really nice alternative.

https://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-series-rifles/x-ring-rifle-with-vantage-rs-stock

Also ran into Dist1646 at the door. Good to see you again.

As for the state of the Silverado shows it’s pretty sad. It’s clear we are seeing an anti gun feedback loop occurring. Show has fewer venders so they need to raise table price and vendors need to raise their prices to make the trip worthwhile, then fewer customers turn out and the cycle continues.

I’ve purchased optics from the Georgia guys multiple times they are always willing to negotiate. However I just don’t see how the trip could EVER be profitable. $180 for gas, $200 for meals and motel, 30 plus hours of driving, setup, selling and takedown. Say $100 for tables, maybe more. If they clear 20% on scopes they would need to sell $4500 in merchandise just to break even.

Good to see you too. Did you decide to buy that scope you were looking at?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Good to see you too. Did you decide to buy that scope you were looking at?

No it was more scope that I needed, I just wanted to check it out.

I have a cheap Nikon 3-9 that I put on tonight. I think I’m just going to get a fixed 10x SWFA. I see them used and refurbished on Samplelist.com for $250.

8691a217070466ed8858aeed0284c9e6.jpg

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    I had a fun time as usual. Said hey to vendors I see a lot, bought ammo and raffle tickets. It’s small but not terrible. Saw some milsurp at both bad and solid price ranges. An enfield no. 5 for $600 was not a bad deal but currently out of my range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dec 29, 2018
    Baltimore County
    I didn’t go to this show but went to the Frederick show a few months ago. I wasn’t really sure what to expect because the only other show i had been to was a timonium show, but they seemed very similar and some of the vendors were definitely the same. Between the two i picked up basic stuff; cleaning kit, cleaning mat, a few knives and a book. Mostly to support some local people and justify the time and cost of attending.

It’d be a shame if Howard County was cancelled, I was looking forward to that since it’s pretty local for me. I think there is another timonium show next weekend but I can’t make that one.

Planning to head to a York show in mid February, less than an hour trip for me and I’m hoping to see a bigger variety, at minimum pick up some nice mags and maybe a cheap rifle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom