• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dogabutila

Ultimate Member
    Dec 21, 2010
    SBR's though. You can do AK SBR's right? Because they are pistols?

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Sorry I was too subtle, the only way you can transfer your AR rifle (still in rifle form anyway) to another Marylander requires you to die first.

DavidMS

Feb 23, 2013
    Fairfax VA
    What about Zatsava PAP77s?

I am under the impression that some AK-like rifles such as the Zatsava M77 PAP, An AK-like .308 rifle are perfectly legal to transfer in Maryland.

audi0artist

Dec 26, 2014
    baltimore
    i purchased a vz2008 two days ago from palmetto. it is the one with a folding stock cause i havent seem a fixed stock available for any reasonable price. is the stock the only thing thats going to hold me up? can i purchase a fixed stock and replace the folding one before its transferred at the ffl? im lost, this is the first time weve got one from online

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    i purchased a vz2008 two days ago from palmetto. it is the one with a folding stock cause i havent seem a fixed stock available for any reasonable price. is the stock the only thing thats going to hold me up? can i purchase a fixed stock and replace the folding one before its transferred at the ffl? im lost, this is the first time weve got one from online

Folding stocks are not banned!

Feb 28, 2013

And like I said in your other thread, they will NOT ship that here. So you may as well start hunting for another.

Duffy's had two in stock today.

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    The problem is, the linked thread has the MSP letter, which states that sporterized versions that do not meet the assault weapon definition of Title 18 USC Section 921 (a) (30) are not regulated (actually says do not require a background investigation).

That section no longer exists, because the Federal assault weapons ban has been repealed (Pub. L 103-322, Title XI, Sec. 110105(2)).

So there is no way of saying that it meets or does not meet the definition.

Of course, you could argue that if you can find the original definition, that you would apply that.

The paragraph used to read:

Rifles no. I could have sworn the Saiga was no go but the VZ-58, that should be GTG.

I was told that you could still get an unconverted Saiga in 7.62x39, .308, 5.56, or 5.45x39

Is that not the case?

I am under the impression that some AK-like rifles such as the Zatsava M77 PAP, An AK-like .308 rifle are perfectly legal to transfer in Maryland.

MSP is going by ATF import guidelines. Since 1989 "assault weapons" have been banned from import and further hindered by Clinton in 1993 and 1998 which makes the U.S. have some of the most draconian import restrictions when it comes to firearms so much that Canada has better import laws than we do!!! (922r does not exist up there, no retarded steel-core ban) WASR's, Arsenal's, PAP's come imported in "sporting configuration" then converted into their "non-sporting" configuration because it has enough U.S. parts to make them legal and deemed American.

Based on the import guidelines which are still enforced and more draconian than the AWB ever was the rifle can have:

No threads
    No muzzle brake or barrel device of any kind
    No ability to use double-stack/surplus mags
    No pistol grip
    No bayonet lug
    No folding stock
    No front grip

The only kind of stocks allowed are the thumbhole and rifle-style found on the Saiga.

So if you get one YOU CAN NOT DO ANYTHING TO IT EXCEPT SWITCH BETWEEN THE TWO TYPES OF BUTTSTOCKS ABOVE OR HANDGUARD THAT DOES NOT HAVE THE ABILITY TO USE A FORWARD GRIP! Anything else would constitute a banned "assault weapon" in MD since it no longer meets the "sporting requirement" by the ATF.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The AK may be banned, but the SIG 556R and 556XI Russian are both legal.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I just got one

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 389

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts