• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    FNC article

"As the National Rifle Association grapples with the drama inside the country’s most powerful gun-rights organization – and Democrats ramp up their gun control push – other gun-rights groups that have long existed in the NRA's shadow are working to raise their profiles." first paragraph

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    SAF is not a lobbying organization...they're a legal advocacy organization for legal actions and donations thus are tax deductible. NRA-ILA, CCRKBA, The Firearms Coalition and similar are lobbying groups and donations are not tax-deductible. The NRA is of several divisions...the ILA is their lobbying arm. Donations to some divisions are tax-deductible.

Too many gun haters treat the NRA as some monolithic organization when it's not. By treating it the way they do, they're showing opposition not just to the ILA's lobbying efforts but the parts that promote conservation, law enforcement training, Olympic training and several million members.

While we might not like it when gun haters want to take advantage of infighting within the NRA, it's not unexpected for other gun rights organizations to try and raise their public profiles at the NRA's expense. Power abhors a vacuum...someone is always standing by to take advantage and increase their own power.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    SAF is not a lobbying organization...they're a legal advocacy organization for legal actions and donations thus are tax deductible. NRA-ILA, CCRKBA, The Firearms Coalition and similar are lobbying groups and donations are not tax-deductible. The NRA is of several divisions...the ILA is their lobbying arm. Donations to some divisions are tax-deductible.

Too many gun haters treat the NRA as some monolithic organization when it's not. By treating it the way they do, they're showing opposition not just to the ILA's lobbying efforts but the parts that promote conservation, law enforcement training, Olympic training and several million members.

While we might not like it when gun haters want to take advantage of infighting within the NRA, it's not unexpected for other gun rights organizations to try and raise their public profiles at the NRA's expense. Power abhors a vacuum...someone is always standing by to take advantage and increase their own power.

^^
    What he said. I am constantly trying to educate people as to the differences among the NRA’s various factions, ILA, PVF, NRA Foundation, etc. ILA is what gets most of my dollars, then SAF.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    First mistake: referring to any mix of these groups and sub-groups as "rivals." That completely misses the point.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Here as elsewhere in many areas including business , the damned friggin acronyms we all lazily use while thinking we're being efficient or trendy or saving time don't help matters either.

Political Victory Fund (PVF)..... Institute for Legislative Action(ILA)....give a newer reader at least a fighting chance to be able to surmise their function.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    SAF is indeed outstanding at What they Do , and very worthy of our support . But they only have a small overlap with NRA .

I'm all for having Additional 2A Groups with national level lobbying strength . If any such groups come into existence , I could see supporting them also.

( Between the lines, there presently aren't any .)

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    while i'm sure nra is having some problems, wouldn't doubt that the mostly if not exclusively anti-2a press and politicians are hyping the crap out of that to hopefully get everyone to stop donating/participating. as much as the press and pol's bash the nra, that just shows how much clout and influence the nra (and its constituents) really have.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Woah, I agree with all previous posts! That just may be a first.

On the poll subject, I believe the numbers would change a good bit in each 3 day period after an event. Knee jerk reactions may fall off.
    Hard to imagine the country without political media giants.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Hmmm, could Wayne be the good guy in this whole thing?

Reminds me of all that Trump was blamed for but found innocent and many of those blaming him may well be the guilty parties.... we may never know.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I don't know if any unequivocal Good Guys will emerge .

WLP is being accused of everything except handing out free beer on Sunday . A good portion of the mud flying thru the air is being cynically launched by the hardcore Anti's that will do or say anything to attack 2A . And NRA is THE pro- gun entity .

SAF is outstanding , but what they do is largely out of the eye of the general public , and most politicians. If NRA magically disappeared tomorrow , the combined remaining national 2A orgs would have about a tenth of the political clout as the Republican Caucus in the MGA .

While I begrudgingly am an NRA Apologist , and have a grain of salt about WLP being the total antichrist . I haven't seen an plausible denying of the insider dealing with Mrs WLP's Org , and in itself , that's sufficient appearances of wrongdoing to step down .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom