• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Blood in the streets guys........

Delaware is about to fully legal for recreational. My prediction? Same as the entire Country of Canada,.... no one will care. Money will flow from taxes rather than through cash sales (100% black market), new jobs, less people raised to think the only recreational drug they can use safely is alcohol.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    But but but....... they have open carry!

Certainly they'll be shoot outs in Greenville over the Grass!

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    No but I don't want new addicts, and making heroin, LSD, ecstasy, etc. legal, all highly addictive, will create more addicts. And more crime when they have to feed their ever-increasing addiction. And more highway deaths as they take to the road under the influence. Schedule 1 drugs are a cancer on society and corrosive to the public order; that's why they're banned.

I'm sure you don't advocate for murder being legal by the same logic you used above. But no extra special cherry on top is going to stop a murderer intent on killing his victim. So do laws outlawing murder do any good?

And how do you define good?

Heroin is incredibly addicting and robs people of their capacity to act rationally. I don't know where you are getting LSD and ecstasy from outside of the fact that hippies overuse all sorts of substances. Could you please provide a source on those? It would be interesting to read. And while study has been limited because of the legality of them, there is some evidence that those two drugs have some medical applications.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Heroin is incredibly addicting and robs people of their capacity to act rationally. I don't know where you are getting LSD and ecstasy from outside of the fact that hippies overuse all sorts of substances. Could you please provide a source on those? It would be interesting to read. And while study has been limited because of the legality of them, there is some evidence that those two drugs have some medical applications.

Medical applications is one thing, recreational use is another in regards to LSD, Heroin, Ecstasy.

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Saw a billboard in Harford county about 500 yards from the MSP barracks advertising a dispensary that delivers to your doorstep.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    The opioid treatment facilities up here in Harford are a hoot. Full parking lots at 6:30am.

Someone told me they give the people a drug similar to heroin that's not addicting to help them ween off it or something like that.

Ive watched waiting at a intersection near one as people come out the door, get in their car, drive off and nearly cause major motor vehicle collisions within seconds of leaving.

I don't know what else these people are on but it would be a gold mine of traffic stops if cops were sitting there watching too. Maybe they do? Drive by one almost daily in the early AM and see the same shit nearly everyday.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Methadone.

It's SUPER addictive and make no mistake,
    ... they're high as shit driving out of there.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The opioid treatment facilities up here in Harford are a hoot. Full parking lots at 6:30am.

Someone told me they give the people a drug similar to heroin that's not addicting to help them ween off it or something like that.

Ive watched waiting at a intersection near one as people come out the door, get in their car, drive off and nearly cause major motor vehicle collisions within seconds of leaving.

I don't know what else these people are on but it would be a gold mine of traffic stops if cops were sitting there watching too. Maybe they do? Drive by one almost daily in the early AM and see the same shit nearly everyday.

They just opened a drug treatment center on Route 1 across from Harford Rental

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    Medical applications is one thing, recreational use is another in regards to LSD, Heroin, Ecstasy.

I have no intent of taking ecstasy and dancing myself to dehydration or anything or taking LSD and staring blankly into my music. But I just would like to see some evidence that it is addictive. If not I don't see why you can't have an LSD bar with hired babysitters to keep you from accidentally doing something dangerous. I don't have to go. And just at least glancing around I read that research on MDMA being addictive is mixed.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I have no intent of taking ecstasy and dancing myself to dehydration or anything or taking LSD and staring blankly into my music. But I just would like to see some evidence that it is addictive. If not I don't see why you can't have an LSD bar with hired babysitters to keep you from accidentally doing something dangerous. I don't have to go. And just at least glancing around I read that research on MDMA being addictive is mixed.

And I would like to see some more evidence that today's MJ, is not additive and actions take to ensure it's potency doesn't get stronger. And it is funny how this discussion has evolved. From recreation use of MJ, to advocating the recreation use of harder drugs.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

I know of a few people that own Methadone clinics. The amount of money they make is beyond comprehension.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Because we already have drugs that are for recreational use that can be bought and consumed in literally lethal quantities by anyone over the age of 21.

Pilsner beer should be illegal. You have to consume 12 ounces of liquid to garner the same effect as 1 oz of 40 proof liquor will produce.

That's a substance that is both physically addictive, harms unborn children and can kill you.

Instead of opposing substances that SHOULD be legal for use by adults, why wouldn't one want to put effort in to further restriction of other drugs such as alcohol and nicotine which are proven to have no medical use?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I know of a few people that own Methadone clinics. The amount of money they make is beyond comprehension.
    You know one that drives a Lamborghini? There was a guy that used to shoot Trap up this way that owns two clinics. They essentially PRINT money.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    Because we already have drugs that are for recreational use that can be bought and consumed in literally lethal quantities by anyone over the age of 21.

Pilsner beer should be illegal. You have to consume 12 ounces of liquid to garner the same effect as 1 oz of 40 proof liquor will produce.

That's a substance that is both physically addictive, harms unborn children and can kill you.

Instead of opposing substances that SHOULD be legal for use by adults, why wouldn't one want to put effort in to further restriction of other drugs such as alcohol and nicotine which are proven to have no medical use?

Sorry, Heroin is additive and it makes alcoholism look like a walk on the beach. You will not change my mind on that. MJ, or any other drug, if it has a more than a minor medical benefit. I'm all for it. I was for making MJ, legal for recreation use with some restrictions. But if we are now advocating the recreational use of harder substances, then you have lost my support.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Sorry, Heroin is additive and it makes alcoholism look like a walk on the beach. You will not change my mind on that. MJ, or any other drug, if it has a more than a minor medical benefit. I'm all for it. I was for making MJ, legal for recreation use with some restrictions. But if we are now advocating the recreational use of harder substances, then you have lost my support.
    I'm not for the legalization of opioids (at all).

I see them as dangerous for ANY use and think unlawful possession should be grounds for mandatory minimums.

I thought you were taking a hard line on Marijuana, I probably mis-read it.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    You know one that drives a Lamborghini? There was a guy that used to shoot Trap up this way that owns two clinics. They essentially PRINT money.

I don’t, considering opening up one myself (wife and her friends have prescriptive authority) but got side tracked with my little business.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I don’t, considering opening up one myself (wife and her friends have prescriptive authority) but got side tracked with my little business.
    Probably still plenty of market for it. The one up my way just bought a $1MM dollar, ~70 acre industrial zoned property (very small building). It's got highway frontage, other than that it's a shit parcel with a tiny building that used to be a bar.

Zoning was a big issue for everyone around us, (NIMBY). So, they did the absolute genius thing, bought a property that is zoned where NO ONE had public input into their use. That was after several rounds of special exception attempts on places they wanted to buy/lease that were just BG (business) zonings.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    And I would like to see some more evidence that today's MJ, is not additive and actions take to ensure it's potency doesn't get stronger. And it is funny how this discussion has evolved. From recreation use of MJ, to advocating the recreation use of harder drugs.

I am not trying to say that you should. I believe that you should not but I don't have the right to force someone not to waste their life without a very good reason. Heroin is devastatingly addictive and I can't see anyway to argue that it is not. I default to having to have proof of something like heroin's brutal addictive properties which overpower whatever part of their brain tells them not to rob a house. I don't see evidence that marijuana, LSD, or MDMA do that. The burden of proof should be on the person trying to restrict what the other does.

I am very worried about some drugs, like opiates, but think that danger has to be proven on a case by case basis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom