• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • While we're on this topic, I was not super-impressed with my P80 Builder G26-sized cerakoted slide... it was thick enough that it affected tolerances in the locking area of the ejection port, and I had to work the slide quite a number of times to get it to lock in smoothly / all the way. IMHO, melonite is the way to go on these slides.

Agreed. Rockslideusa.com sells some really tight tolerance slides that are ceracoated. Valve lapping compound, 10 minutes of racking and the dreaded compound removal resulted in a slide returning to battery with a 1/2" rack.
    These slides are really nice (and inexpensive)-- provided one understands they will require some fitting.

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    Agreed. Rockslideusa.com sells some really tight tolerance slides that are ceracoated. Valve lapping compound, 10 minutes of racking and the dreaded compound removal resulted in a slide returning to battery with a 1/2" rack.
    These slides are really nice (and inexpensive)-- provided one understands they will require some fitting.

I do this with all my slides, even the Grey Ghost that cost 400$. Even if they are good, this will make them great. I'd rather start tight and custom fit to smooth, then start with slop.:innocent0

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom