• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I had a wee bit of luck this morning too! A hot doe came in dragging a bunch of bucks along with her. Here's the biggest one out of the bunch.
    Gotta love the late season! Beautiful buck. Congrats on another wall hanger OR58.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Is that a T/C Encore that you used? I've been wanting to replace my muzzleloader with that gun. Just hard to justify it since deer hunting is no longer on the top of my "to do" list. Still want it though.
    Yes

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    All 4 kids on the hunt got a deer this morning.
    Only allowed to shoot doe on the property, but saw plenty of white tail buck, black buck, goat, apex deer. They even have 2 zebra and a llama on the property.

My son is officially a more experienced Hunter than I am, Lmao.

Attachments

• 20171216_090625.jpg
      20171216_090625.jpg
      66.7 KB · Views: 144

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Only allowed to shoot doe on the property, but saw plenty of white tail buck, black buck, goat, apex deer. They even have 2 zebra and a llama on the property.

That is a very nice doe. Congrats to your boy. Compared to the tailgate that doe looks really big. I thought you Texas boys had smaller body deer in general? That doe didn’t get the memo.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck

Awesome. Looks like he had a good shot on it too :thumbsup:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

That's fantastic.

If the ruffled fur is the bullet entry/exit wound, that's an amazing shot for a first timer.

Congratulations.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    That's fantastic.

If the ruffled fur is the bullet entry/exit wound, that's an amazing shot for a first timer.

Congratulations.

That's the exit. Went through both lungs. Deer stood stunned for a couple seconds, then walked about 10 yds and dropped. We actually thought he missed because the deer had almost no reaction. Was dead and didn't know it.

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    That's the exit. Went through both lungs. Deer stood stunned for a couple seconds, then walked about 10 yds and dropped. We actually thought he missed because the deer had almost no reaction. Was dead and didn't know it.

What caliber is he shooting out of the AR?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

I missed the pic of your son in the stand.

Neat set-up.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Very nice shot placement.

What bullet was on that .300 BLK?

Thought it was warm down there in Texas. What is the Mr. Heater and a bunch of propane cylinders in the truck for? lol

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Very nice shot placement.

What bullet was on that .300 BLK?

Thought it was warm down there in Texas. What is the Mr. Heater and a bunch of propane cylinders in the truck for? lol

It was 33° this morning at sunrise. It's about 50° now :D

This is the ammo.
    415985.jpg

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie

That's a great feeling ain't it......I will ALWAYS try to put the youngins on the shot before me.....

I enjoy my nephews connecting more than me. Just waiting to see if my daughter has interest.......

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    That's a great feeling ain't it......I will ALWAYS try to put the youngins on the shot before me.....

I enjoy my nephews connecting more than me. Just waiting to see if my daughter has interest.......

My 5 year old daughter was pissed that she could not come yesterday morning. My wife told me that my daughter kept asking all morning why she could not come.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX

Well, it IS a youth hunt. Adults aren't allowed to shoot anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom