• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone happen to have one of these or any experience with them? My fathers looking to get another 1911 and this seems to be the perfect one for him, except hes picky on the finish.

The site shows this:

2ponuar.png

But what Ive found local to me and online looks like this:

2s7xj83.jpg

Is it just us, or did they really lighten the pic up for their site or is that a different color? I mean even the description says black and od but that pic doesn't do it justice like their other black finishes.

I personally like the od and black colors, but he lives 600 miles away so he cant exactly walk in the same shop and see it lol. One shop told him there's multiple versions, but everyones sold out near him and thats all I have found. Hoping someone here would be able to help. Thanks in advance.

ajviera

Dec 25, 2015
    Avenue, MD
    Here is mine, I love it, my buddy asks me to sell it to him all the time, I have 3 different sets of grips.

Attachments

• 20170318_194245.jpg
      20170318_194245.jpg
      116.3 KB · Views: 550
    • 20160318_124554.jpg
      20160318_124554.jpg
      153.6 KB · Views: 410

putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    There is another option, he can order the same gun in all black. Long Beach PD had a custom run done without the olive drab frame but all black instead. It became such a popular combination Springfield Armory started making them as a regular production item. Check 1911 forums for the model number and have a stocking dealer order him one. Problem solved...

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    Here is mine, I love it, my buddy asks me to sell it to him all the time, I have 3 different sets of grips.

That is gorgeous, he would love the grips too.

There is another option, he can order the same gun in all black. Long Beach PD had a custom run done without the olive drab frame but all black instead. It became such a popular combination Springfield Armory started making them as a regular production item. Check 1911 forums for the model number and have a stocking dealer order him one. Problem solved...

So there are multiple colors?! I cant find a pic of one anywhere. Like an actual real world pic not a generic off site pic. I like the realism lol. Just like ajviera posted above.

Should just have the old man buy the od and when he doesnt like it buy it off him cheap bc its "used" lol

I tried this one out at Engage the other day. Granted it's a 9mm and I'm guessing your father probably wants 45ACP. I will say this is a rather wonderful feeling 1911. The thing that got me the post was the slide was unbelievably smooth on the rails. I just spent most of the time racking the slide as it just amazed me. The trigger was also amazing, very little creep and a nice break.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SFPE9209LP

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I tried this one out at Engage the other day. Granted it's a 9mm and I'm guessing your father probably wants 45ACP. I will say this is a rather wonderful feeling 1911. The thing that got me the post was the slide was unbelievably smooth on the rails. I just spent most of the time racking the slide as it just amazed me. The trigger was also amazing, very little creep and a nice break.

http://www.lipseys.com/itemdetail.aspx?itemno=SFPE9209LP

I do believe they make that in .45. Thats a possibility but price is higher seems like.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    After helping him and seeing/fondling then I couldnt help it, I ended up with one of my own. Pops says he ordered one too.

Shot it yesterday, very nice gun. Picked up and naturally shot pretty well. I need to get used to the reset. Its easy but when shooting something just felt a little odd to me. Nothing wrong, just have to get used to it. Zero malfunctions.

20kumgl.jpg

5cary

On the spreading edge of the butter knife.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2007
    Sykesville, MD
    I ran mine for a week at a carbine/pistol course recently. Flawless. It has become my favorite pistol.

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    I ran mine for a week at a carbine/pistol course recently. Flawless. It has become my favorite pistol.

I started off unsure, then really started to like it. Took it with my scorpion. I did better with the scorpion for a min then got used to it. I carried it today actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom