• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • molonlabe

Ultimate Member
    May 7, 2005
    Mountaineer Country, WV
    So yesterday we are sitting in our home with both cars in garage. We live on an isolated road boarding Alderson Boradus University and we hear a boom. Probably greater than a 7mm magnum. We see this ah walking up our driveway with a rifle my wife pulls the curtain and she said the adrenaline droped out of him. I get out of the house and say WTF are you shooting at my house. (Actually between our house and garage. You have to be 500 feet from a occupied residence ( plus he dropped it on my property) He says he didn't know that and I said bulls$it and I told my wife to call 911. He gets back into a white SUV and backs down our hill so I can't see his plate. The almost go into a ditch. My wife goes up there is a doe and a fawn (yearling) running back and forth near the kill and they run when my wife gets close. It turned out to be one of the spring fawns and it did have tiny buttons but you couldn't see it unless you put your finger in it. So the police show up, I give a description and he was disgusted that they shot it I would not take it. He said first its city limits, second they were less than 100 feet from the road and third shot it next to my property. He actually went out to look for them and contacted security at the college because they cannot have guns in the dorms. My suspicion is it was college kids and I think I found the SUV on campus but I can't be sure without a license plate. I was at our crafts parade today and there has been other reports of this around the area same SUV and description. The yearling was shot in the chest and exited the hindquarter confirming it was more than a 30.06. DNR called today to give me a tag so it won't go against my license and I gave it to one of my neighbors who's son needed it. He said he'll drop off the tag and if I see them again call him. His phone is in my cell.

I can tell you this pisses me off to no end. The world is filled with AH.
    Vent over :mad54:

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    And unfortunately, it's the guys like this one that the left uses to stereotype gun owners and hunters.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Wow, the guy couldn't just drive 10 minutes in any direction to find a better place to hunt?

HordesOfKailas

Still learning
    Feb 7, 2016
    Utah
    If a guy was shooting on my property right near my house, almost regardless of reason, he'd be staring down my barrel with the cops on the way. You don't f**k around like that.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Aren't you supposed to scout around the area to make sure you're clear of homes, roads, and such to be legal? I would be doing this to keep from messing up legally with the PD moreso than DNR.

Q

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Aren't you supposed to scout around the area to make sure you're clear of homes, roads, and such to be legal? I would be doing this to keep from messing up legally with the PD moreso than DNR.

Q

DNR/NRP don't need the help of any other department to put a foot up your ass for any/all related charges.

Sampson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 24, 2013
    White Marsh
    If a guy was shooting on my property right near my house, almost regardless of reason, he'd be staring down my barrel with the cops on the way. You don't f**k around like that.

I with you !! Everything about this "hunter" is wrong and needs to be stopped before someone gets hurt or killed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom