• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    With all the press Jacqueline is getting, now is about the best chance to see some movement.

I agree, there has been compelling testimony and we are starting to get some traction, I just don't have a lot of faith of those in charge. We still need to fight like hell though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    Keep calling in guys and don't give up. We are at a place right now where I really believe we have our best chance to at least get a vote on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    IMO, given the testimony on SB100 from Jack & Jacq, along with SNI's map, and all the rest (that is getting favorable press and a good bit of publicity), the committee members would be foolish not to pass it out favorably and make the entire Senate share the heat if it ultimately doesn't pass. If it goes back in the desk drawer un-acted upon or gets a unfavorable vote, the individual committee members (including Brochin) are going to take all the heat on their own.

If the MGA fails to act given the strength of the testimony and lack of any real opposition, Hogan and the new MSP Super can take notice and act accordingly. I think the Dems are making a huge mistake by not getting out in front of this eventuality and putting themselves in a position to take credit for it - just like slots and gambling.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Also Considering that there are some Dems out there that are looking favorably on a few of the bills you would think that they would at least try and make it LOOK like they are doing something fair for the people of MD. Send them out for a floor vote!!!

ShafTed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 21, 2013
    Juuuuust over the line
    curious - Does anyone know if Frosh or the AG office submitted something on SB100 or the House bill?

Written only, at least as was mentioned in the Senate hearing. It seemed to be standard Frosh: all guns are bad, and all people who want them are crazy. AG & Mayor Stephanie were supposedly the only written against, and nobody spoke against. (MSP spokesman was there on another bill & Brochin specifically asked him about SB100. The answer was "no position".)

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I cant find where it says they didn't vote on sb100. where should I be looking other than the md legislature website? I hope this is not true.

Xander

Dec 6, 2010
    Look very carefully at who sponsored this bill.:sad20: My take is, this is only the first step. Next session there will be a bill that says "SBRs are no longer handguns, they are rifles, therefore banned under the Firearms Suppression Act of 2013." No more AR or AK based SBRs for you!

I hope I'm wrong.

You are not wrong - you are 100% right. I wish more people recognized that this is not a pro-gun bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom