• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    outrider58 what would you consider accuracy in terms of distance and shot grouping?

This is my first entry into the 10mm world. I would hope for a 4" group @ 50 yds? I have killed quite a few deer with my 6" .44 mag. My longest shot on a deer was 56 yards. The gun had a cheap red dot on it at the time that didn't tolerate the recoil very well. Eventually, I took it off and hunted with iron sights after that.

I hope to get the gun to the range this weekend, though I don't have appropriate ammo at the moment to test accuracy. My main goal will be to test function and to sight in the SRO.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Does a full power 10mm kick more than a .45acp ? No duh ! , laws of physics .

But that's not the relevant comparison . Instead , think of it as the equivalent of a .41magnum from a service sized semiauto pistol . It's a narrow niche , but one that I appreciate .

Ironically for as much as I like 10mm , several times I have talked people out of them .

I love the 10mm. I don’t think it feels much different than the 45ACP except in the wallet ;)

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    If anyone is looking for S&W 1000 series 10mms let me know. I am selling off some of mine in the very near future.

1076 and maybe a 1006 and a 1086

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom