• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caudizle

Jun 6, 2011
    Calvert County
    G’day friends!

I bought myself a Tacoma TRD Off-Road and have a couple friends begging to go on a dude trip off roading, hiking, camping and the like, maybe without camp sites.

Anyone know of good spots in VA/WVA that are decently drivable distance? VA/WVA because we can carry there heh.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    Check out sleepy creek in WV 20000 acres...nearby off-road trails a 300acre lake shooting range and public hunting. About 40min from Hagerstown.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    canaan loop road between blackwater falls and canaan valley state parks. all kinds of dirt roads around including to and thru dolly sods. been all over them on my dual sport.

Derwood

Ultimate Member
    Jun 2, 2011
    DC area
    You should get the National Geographic "Trails Illustrated" maps. I always use them to find my way to interesting places in the National Forest. You get find exactly which map to get using their website and then most of their maps are available on Amazon. Be prepared, have fun and leave no trace.

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    The Cove Campground in Gore, VA. Offroading trails, camping, and a shooting range with steel targets.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Cooler weather is here. I have not been camping in a number of years. Been thinking the same thing, some car camping. Pitch a tent. Portable weber grill, meat, and adult beverages. Find some light 4 wheeling trails and nice fire at night.

sclag22

Jan 9, 2013
    Fred Co.
    The Cove Campground in Gore, VA. Offroading trails, camping, and a shooting range with steel targets.

Gonna be there with a group of 4Runners and a few jeeps on the weekend of the 27th. It's a great time, but get ready for pinstripes, it's tight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom