• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    I used texashuntered.com. Did the class, passed the exam and TPWD doesn't show me in their system. Trying to get it corrected or get a refund. =/

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    3. Get your Hunter Education Certificate.

If you are 17 years or older,*you’ll be emailed a link to get your permanent Hunter Education Certificate by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department within 30 days.

If you are under 17 years of age,you’ll be emailed a link to get your permanent Hunter Education Certificate by the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department within 30 days after successfully completing the Field Day.

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    I received my link my TPWD. But once I click the link to look myself up I do not show in the system. TPWD tried to manually find me and couldn't. They recommended the online vendor re-send my info. Still waiting on a response.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    I received my link my TPWD. But once I click the link to look myself up I do not show in the system. TPWD tried to manually find me and couldn't. They recommended the online vendor re-send my info. Still waiting on a response.

Thats BS,like stated i am able to see my certification via tpwd with that being said when will i obtained my permanent hunters card?

Cryptotek1

May 1, 2017
    Looks like they fixed it. Worked for me. I printed out my cert.

EDIT: Previous email from TPWD said to print out the cert. They didn't mention they would mail one.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Wow, this thread is really helpful for someone looking into hunting.
    I'll start the process and report how it works.
    I'm old enough to not need hunter education in Texas, wonder if that means anything to Maryland DNR.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Wow, this thread is really helpful for someone looking into hunting.
    I'll start the process and report how it works.
    I'm old enough to not need hunter education in Texas, wonder if that means anything to Maryland DNR.

To answer your question

Maryland

To purchase a hunting license you must have completed an approved Hunter Education course unless you hunted prior to July 1, 1977. Three day non-resident waterfowl hunters are exempted.

gunismyfriend

Apr 24, 2017
    Yeah, this works.
    From the https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education page,
    I chose this site, www.hunteredcourse.com, and it cost $18.xx.
    The course talks about firearm safety, usage, components, cleaning, and same aspects of compound bow/crossbow.
    After watching 4-5 hours of video, I got the temporary hunting safety card.

Personally, I feel I really need the field day, as I don't have any background in firearm or bow hunting. Well, for $18.xx, it's not totally wasted.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Yeah, this works.
    From the https://tpwd.texas.gov/education/hunter-education page,
    I chose this site, www.hunteredcourse.com, and it cost $18.xx.
    The course talks about firearm safety, usage, components, cleaning, and same aspects of compound bow/crossbow.
    After watching 4-5 hours of video, I got the temporary hunting safety card.

Personally, I feel I really need the field day, as I don't have any background in firearm or bow hunting. Well, for $18.xx, it's not totally wasted.

Thanks I just directed my brother to use that link for $18.25 I think I paid about $35 for mine from hunterEd or whatever the other site was called to get my HQL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom