• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I bought this thing maybe 12 or 13 years ago from an old man in the woods of WV for $50.

I used it for years but one of the plastic seats split and it sat for awhile. Decided I'm going to modify the floor and move the seats apart a couple feet to maximize space in it.

Anyone have one of these? Any ideas?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I have a ten foot john boat that looks like a yacht compared to that thing.

Put one seat in the rear. Add a trolling motor. And run the leads to two deep cycle batteries placed about half to two thirds forward of the transom. Place one battery on the port side and one on the starboard side.

The trick is to balance her out. While still having her sit a tad nose high in the water.

Good luck and have fun. Don't forget to register it. Should cost zero dollars for the registration/decals.

PS: Don't drown.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    I have a ten foot john boat that looks like a yacht compared to that thing.

Put one seat in the rear. Add a trolling motor. And run the leads to two deep cycle batteries placed about half to two thirds forward of the transom. Place one battery on the port side and one on the starboard side.

The trick is to balance her out. While still having her sit a tad nose high in the water.

Good luck and have fun. Don't forget to register it. Should cost zero dollars for the registration/decals.

PS: Don't drown.

Guess i should have specified, lol. I basically use it as a flat bottom canoe. No interest in motors or anything of the sort. I have several creeks and lakes near me that dont even allow trolling motors.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had one of those years ago. We built decks and added swivel seats which mounted to plywood floor boards.

DJones2987

Dec 6, 2016
    Hagerstown
    Rig seats you can buy at Walmart..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Attwood-Padded-Flip-Boat-Seat-Gray/16203728

Or plain wood seat made from plywood.

Thought about those but I believe I'm gonna keep the bench seat. I like to be able to slide over to either side if needed. Thinking about using a 2 man tree stand pad on top of plywood to make it more comfy. Some of the floats we do are 6-8 hours long.

I had one of those years ago. We built decks and added swivel seats which mounted to plywood floor boards.

Yeah I think I'm gonna put a plywood floor in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom