• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    Just to roster people at MSP, as long as no objections while in the register they will be available for sale on Nov 11th

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    It IS stupid. Who in his right mind thinks a foot-long single-shot .22 pistol costing $2400 is a problem?

J2Def

Oct 22, 2019
    We pro-2A activists here in MD play Offense in the courts...

Yes, it is. And I'd like to see ditching it made a part of a 2020 legislative offensive plan. We play pure defense too often - it's time to go on offense.

….and Defense in the legislature.:(

That would be nice to see a bill for elimination of the MD Handgun Roster. It is truly sad that this is how things work, but given our extreme political weakness within the legislature such a success is quite unlikely.

Sure, from time to time we might sneak a marginally pro-2A bill through, like the one from several years back that acknowledged that your fingerprints don't change every 3 years for W&C Permit renewal. But the other pro-2A bills are merely public relations until we at least get a credible veto in either one house of the legislature or the other. We always have the standard menu of pro-2A bills introduced but they never even make it out of the Chairmen's desks.

Most of our efforts within the legislature is to stop the truly awful anti-2A Freedom bills. Rumor is that in this coming session there might not even be Gun Bill Days, thereby making it more difficult to rally our 2A supporters, most of whom have jobs.:sad20:

Good news is that we might get some positive action out of SCOTUS this year.:thumbsup:

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    But that's exactly my point. We're playing 100% defense. I think we need to have one pro-2A bill per session, and put some serious effort toward it. Partly because I think we have hit the point of diminishing returns on defensive measures.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    But that's exactly my point. We're playing 100% defense. I think we need to have one pro-2A bill per session, and put some serious effort toward it. Partly because I think we have hit the point of diminishing returns on defensive measures.

First, we need to get all of the Republicans in Annapolis on the same damn page, instead of several submitting the same bill on their own. Why do you think we end up with two or three versions of the same bill (i.e. make personal protection g&s).

Once that happens and they show a unified front on all things 2A, then we might start to get somewhere.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    First, we need to get all of the Republicans in Annapolis on the same damn page, instead of several submitting the same bill on their own. Why do you think we end up with two or three versions of the same bill (i.e. make personal protection g&s).

Once that happens and they show a unified front on all things 2A, then we might start to get somewhere.
    The Senate Caucus, generally listens to that advice. The House Caucus consists of a loose group of individuals with 'R's after their names that all want to be 'the one'. Very few in the room are willing to pool resources. We (the 2A orgs) need the citizenry to reach out and demand a unified front. I can only say that so often before I scorch my vocal cords...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    The Senate Caucus, generally listens to that advice. The House Caucus consists of a loose group of individuals with 'R's after their names that all want to be 'the one'. Very few in the room are willing to pool resources. We (the 2A orgs) need the citizenry to reach out and demand a unified front. I can only say that so often before I scorch my vocal cords...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I keep saying the same thing, and yes, it gets old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom