• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    The applications for the 2017 Invictus Practical Mid-Atlantic Multi-Gun Championship at York Izaak Walton applications are now available!

Here is that link: http://tinyurl.com/2017-MAMGC-APP

This match is unique in the world of major outlaw 3 gun matches in several respects;

1. You can shoot the whole match in one day. Either Saturday, or Sunday.
    2. Prizes are all checks. This means you don't have to stick around for a prize table. If you shoot on Saturday you can go home Saturday night.
    3. The prizes are generous. We pay out 50% of the gross. That is a lot of money. Nearly $10,000. Which isn't bad considering there are only 154 shooters.
    4. We give prizes way down the list in Tac Ops. By using a modified Lewis class payout scheme if you pick your class correctly and shoot to the best of your ability you have a chance to win hundreds of dollars even if you are way towards the bottom.
    5. We're about as far north and east as any major 3 gun. Only Topton's team 3 gun is farther north or east, and it's a great match but it's not for individuals. That's why we draw a lot of shooters from the northeast and Canada on a regular basis.
    6. We keep our squads to a reasonable size and there's not a lot of standing around. We run our matches much more like USPSA than 3GN or typical outlaw matches.

This 7 stage match will fill up quickly. Do not hesitate to sign up if you want your choice of days.

If you have questions please comment and I will answer them here so everyone can see the answer. If you want to know others probably do too.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    If your looking for a 3G match to attend, this is an excellent one.
    I've been going for a couple of years now, and the York folks run a great match.
    :party29:

Broncolou

Jan 22, 2013
    Parkton MD
    Complete Newbie. Is there a division for me?
    Depends on your equipment. There's a place for everyone but you need to have your equipment for your division. They are finishing some slight changes to the rules and I'm sure we'll get a set posted up soon. I would recommend a club match or 2 before shooting a major.
    If you post a question to the blog you will get a response within 24 hrs.
    Hope to see you there.

howard762

York Match Director
    Feb 2, 2012
    Stewartstown PA
    It took longer than I expected to fill Saturday (Sunday filled very quickly) but the match is full. If your application was postmarked on 2/11 or prior you're in. If not, you'll be on the waiting list.

Howard

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom