• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enowacki

Sep 15, 2015
    Pasadena
    I'm looking to become part of a gun club/range that I and my gf can go to and shoot casually. Most of the places I have come across are very over regulated and/or very expensive. I live in the Pasadena area so it would be nice to have someplace relatively close to go to. If anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    The closest to you in Pasadena is Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting Club. Like most clubs there are mixed reviews.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    If you go post in the intro section you'll get a whole shiiteload of information on ranges.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    There are 32 clubs at the Associated Gun Clubs of Baltimore. I am sure you can find one that meets your needs in order to get the AGC range badge!

Enowacki

Sep 15, 2015
    Pasadena
    Ya I went to Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting Club today since it was open to the public however it seemed very restrictive on what you could do and the fact that one of the members who showed me around (who was very nice) told me that even though I had been trough a federal firearms training program that I still needed a hunter safety course certificate and would take like 3 days of class to complete kind of turned me off. It is a very convenient location however it seems like the kind of shooting done there isn't as enjoyable to what I'm used to.

crh

Dec 7, 2016
    I'm near Pasadena and I make the drive up to Freestate Gun Range on a regular basis. Only about 30 mins, so not too bad. The toll does add to the cost of the trip though.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I'm a member of Stoney Creek. From my experience it's been great so far. I've been there a few months. Just remember that since it's a private club where you need a sponsor to get it, they are pretty restrictive on certain things. This keeps the people who don't have any business shooting a gun out. As far as the hunter safety course I'm pretty sure it can be done online. And I also think it's part of the insurance agreement that everyone has it. It is 5 seconds between shots, but once you show you're proficient you can shoot rapid fire. Same with a pistol. So all in all there are some hoops to jump through but it makes the club better because everyone is safer IMO. But hey if it's not for you then I'm sure you can find something elsewhere.

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Ya I went to Stoney Creek Fishing & Hunting Club today since it was open to the public however it seemed very restrictive on what you could do and the fact that one of the members who showed me around (who was very nice) told me that even though I had been trough a federal firearms training program that I still needed a hunter safety course certificate and would take like 3 days of class to complete kind of turned me off. It is a very convenient location however it seems like the kind of shooting done there isn't as enjoyable to what I'm used to.

Not quite in Pasadena but another option is Anne Arundel Fish & Game.

crh

Dec 7, 2016
    I'm a member of Stoney Creek. From my experience it's been great so far. I've been there a few months. Just remember that since it's a private club where you need a sponsor to get it, they are pretty restrictive on certain things. This keeps the people who don't have any business shooting a gun out. As far as the hunter safety course I'm pretty sure it can be done online. And I also think it's part of the insurance agreement that everyone has it. It is 5 seconds between shots, but once you show you're proficient you can shoot rapid fire. Same with a pistol. So all in all there are some hoops to jump through but it makes the club better because everyone is safer IMO. But hey if it's not for you then I'm sure you can find something elsewhere.

How did you find someone to sponsor you? I was looking at Stoney Creek, but I don't know anyone over there.

ClutchyMcClutcherson

Aug 29, 2016
    Odenton, MD
    I work with someone that was a member before me. But I think the best way is go on a Tuesday afternoon. It's open to the public for trap. I'm sure if you do a member will sponsor you once they see you can handle a gun. I would do it but I haven't been there a year yet, and that's a requirement to sponsor someone.

crh

Dec 7, 2016
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info. I don't have anything to shoot trap with, but I'll keep it in mind.

I also live in Glen Burnie

crh

Dec 7, 2016
    Let me know when you wanna go. I have extra shotguns and I enjoy trap. I think it's 6 bucks for 25 birds and 7 bucks for a box of shells.

Awesome! I've only done trap once and that was a few years ago. I wasn't very good at it, but I'd love to get better.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    You are invited to shoot with us next weekend.

Arlington Rifle and Pistol Club is having a steel plate pistol shoot this coming weekend, Sunday, Jan 8th from 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. at the Associated Gun Clubs Pistol Range. You are welcome to come out for the fun. We have food at all of our events. Check out our events calendar for our other events.

We have 3-gun shoots, Steel Plate rifle, Steel plate pistol and Bust fest trap shoots. From April to October, we have Tuesday night steel shoots from 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. We have a Bust Fest Trap shoot on January 22nd and a 3-Gun Shoot on February 4th.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom