• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I'm not saying one way or the other. Only pointing out you said the 4CA said his behavior was not Constitutional. Then I said I guess he's lucky he was not covered by the 4CA.

Whether another circuit would agree is conjecture.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• rootie.jpg
      rootie.jpg
      52.7 KB · Views: 222

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ...The guy made some dumb moves but unless someone can post the context of the counter (a 911 call or did the officer just arrive at the guy stopped) I would say that's a poor use of force from watching the video alone.

Without an immediate threat there is little reason not to give verbal commands. The guy was aggressive in the initial encounter but so are a good many of subjects the police encounter.

I would say without grounds for an arrest there is little reason to use a Taser on a subject. 4th Circuit or not. It's hard to argue that it's not a "seizure" of a person under current 4th Amendment interpretations.

Here's the context: before the officer arrived on scene, the driver was reported as trying to frantically wave down and stop other drivers in a manner that prompted multiple 911 calls. Those 911 calls are what brought the officer to the scene.

Then if you listen carefully, the driver, after leaping out of his car in a very strange hopped-up manner, immediately berates the officer for having his roof lights activated. He screams "cut the goddamn lights off or I'm gonna put it in reverse!" Threatening posture and a verbalized threat.

That said, plenty of clues that this driver was an M.O, and in that moment there was a reasonable assumption that he was dangerous. The driver was indeed treated for mental issues after being taken in.

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    Here's the context: before the officer arrived on scene, the driver was reported as trying to frantically wave down and stop other drivers in a manner that prompted multiple 911 calls. Those 911 calls are what brought the officer to the scene.

Then if you listen carefully, the driver, after leaping out of his car in a very strange hopped-up manner, immediately berates the officer for having his roof lights activated. He screams "cut the goddamn lights off or I'm gonna put it in reverse!" Threatening posture and a verbalized threat.

That said, plenty of clues that this driver was an M.O, and in that moment there was a reasonable assumption that he was dangerous. The driver was indeed treated for mental issues after being taken in.

I'm not calling it a bad taze unless the cop uses your excuse.

There is no way the driver could put it in reverse from where he got zapped.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm not calling it a bad taze unless the cop uses your excuse.

There is no way the driver could put it in reverse from where he got zapped.

Sorry, I'm not aware of any "excuse" in my post. What I wrote are the reported facts of the case, along with a quote from right out of the driver's mouth.

If he returned to his vehicle and backed it up to slam the patrol car, that's not farfetched because that is what he declared--on tape--that he wanted to do if the officer ignored his demand.

Not sure what your point is.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Hostile, aggressive actions met with neutralization. I support this tazing. lol

The officer prevented something worse from happening, so I am cool with it.

NEXT!

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Hostile, aggressive actions met with neutralization. I support this tazing. lol

The officer prevented something worse from happening, so I am cool with it.

NEXT!

Agreed.:thumbsup:

Why is Chris Rock's advice so hard to heed?

And I bet there won't be any riots or "________ lives matter" protests over this.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    There is a training video about 20 mins long of guys in the outdoors demonstrating edged weapon reaction times that I can't seem to locate. The "victim" is wearing like a white t-shirt and sort of a fencing mask. The "attacker" has a red marker.
    Have you seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I think I would not jump out of my car and point my outstretched hand at a police officer. Nope, not a good start.
    We can't see what the officer was doing prior to tazing him. We don't know if anything was said that was not recorded.
    We know the perp was yelling, we don't know what the officer was saying cause the audio may not have been captured.
    I sure don't see enough to say if I was on a Jury that the office did not act improperly. I can say for certain, the guy that got tazed did.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    There is a training video about 20 mins long of guys in the outdoors demonstrating edged weapon reaction times that I can't seem to locate. The "victim" is wearing like a white t-shirt and sort of a fencing mask. The "attacker" has a red marker.
    Have you seen it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom