• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How Long Did It Take TO Get Your HQL Approval?

• < 1 Day

Votes: 70 7.3%
    • 2 Days

Votes: 60 6.3%
    • 3 Days

Votes: 44 4.6%
    • 4 Days

Votes: 22 2.3%
    • 5 Days

Votes: 31 3.2%
    • 6 Days

Votes: 18 1.9%
    • 7 Days

Votes: 47 4.9%
    • 8 Days

Votes: 21 2.2%
    • 9 Days

Votes: 30 3.1%
    • 10+ Days

Votes: 611 63.8%
    • Denied HQL

Votes: 8 0.8%

• Total voters

Matienzone

Aug 24, 2014
    I'm assuming that those who received their HQL in about 8 days were gun owners before Oct 1, 2013( my father got his number in about 4 or 5 days after applying on line) and those who took more than 10days were the ones after Oct 1(myself; im still waiting onat least the number to show up)

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    I'm assuming that those who received their HQL in about 8 days were gun owners before Oct 1, 2013( my father got his number in about 4 or 5 days after applying on line) and those who took more than 10days were the ones after Oct 1(myself; im still waiting onat least the number to show up)

i did use a registered regulated firearm purchased before october 1 to waive the training requirement

Sambaboi

Oct 29, 2014
    Bethesda, MD
    You guys are lucky

Submitted Oct 23

still been waiting for CJIS, JIS, and NICS.. It's Nov. 6th. Through email they say they won't do anything until day 30. On the phone they say the same thing, but also said it went to secondary inspection, where a trooper has to verify it and will contact me if necessary. I wonder what causes this.

Anyway, let's see if they make the 30 day period. :sad20:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Submitted Oct 23

still been waiting for CJIS, JIS, and NICS.. It's Nov. 6th. Through email they say they won't do anything until day 30. On the phone they say the same thing, but also said it went to secondary inspection, where a trooper has to verify it and will contact me if necessary. I wonder what causes this.

Anyway, let's see if they make the 30 day period. :sad20:
    UGH!

5 days here to approve (3 if you take out Saturday and Sunday).
    Waiting for the card.

Jrob96

Oct 30, 2014
    So far it has been a week and no movement on mine.

Application\License Fee Completed Oct/30/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/31/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/31/14
    Training Completed Oct/31/14
    NICS Incomplete
    METERS Completed Oct/31/14
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Oct/31/14
    JIS Incomplete
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/31/14
    DHMH Completed Oct/31/14

I had a regulated firearm and used it to exempt the training requirement. I sent an email a few days ago and have not received a reply. I also had to call them prior to completing the process due to a lack of middle name and left a message and did not receive a reply and finally got hold of someone there to answer my questions. I wonder if this is typical of MSP. I will certainly remember this next time they call my house asking for donations. I'm not sure why nothing has been touched in a week; my record is clean; and I'm ex-LE.

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    i got my HQL in exactly one week. The first 3 days nothing was completed then on the Thursday almost everything was completed except the last 2 then on Friday afternoon that same week I was active...... took exactly 7 days for me. I still haven't bought my first firearm yet but i was told at the gunshop that a few guys came in to buy after they had received their HQL and still got denied to purchase......

Dogmeat

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Montgomery County, MD
    i got my HQL in exactly one week. The first 3 days nothing was completed then on the Thursday almost everything was completed except the last 2 then on Friday afternoon that same week I was active...... took exactly 7 days for me. I still haven't bought my first firearm yet but i was told at the gunshop that a few guys came in to buy after they had received their HQL and still got denied to purchase......

I have heard that as well, but it sure seems hard to believe. I seem to remember that someone got their HQL then the MSP showed up to inform them that they were disallowed from owning firearms from some previous PBJ event. There was a lot of unreliable info flying around at the time so who knows.

Because of the inclusion of some of the Mental Health Databases being checked, and the inclusion of the PBJ criteria of SB281, I was under the impression that the HQL was a more stringent check than previously done. Unless something change in the status of the individuals between getting their HQL and purchasing the gun and filling out the 77R, it seems strange. But, this is Maryland, crazy stuff happens here.

JDMgunner

Nov 26, 2014
    Fingerprinted Nov 10th...Filled everything out on the 11th...

Screenshot_2014_11_26_05_28_58_1.png

Owned regualted firearms and class 3 items before Oct 1st...
    Guns recently stolen :(
    Trying to replace them...ughh c'mon MD

Still waiting

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    Fingerprinted Nov 10th...Filled everything out on the 11th...

Screenshot_2014_11_26_05_28_58_1.png

Owned regualted firearms and class 3 items before Oct 1st...
    Guns recently stolen :(
    Trying to replace them...ughh c'mon MD

Still waiting

I am still waiting too. Status has been like this since the 2nd day after I applied online.

screen_shot_2014-11-26_at_7.19.30_pm.png

Unknown User

Oct 19, 2014
    Maryland
    Something looks different. Maryland law enforcement information systems check wasn't there when I got my HQL...... I might be wrong but the amount of times I checked that week I'm almost certain that I would've seen that.........

thai

May 8, 2013
    I am still waiting too. Status has been like this since the 2nd day after I applied online.

screen_shot_2014-11-26_at_7.19.30_pm.png

I applied 11/17 and have been stuck with the exact same screen showing cjis/jis as incomplete! WTH! I have been making regulated purchases since 20 years ago and a class 3 licensed onwer to boot!

My knucklehead brother who just purchased his first regulated firearms before 10/1/13, received his license in12 days. He applied a couple hours after I did and we went to have our fingerprinting done together. I don't understand our Eff'd up MDSP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom