• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    I made the exit off of Southbound Rt.4 yesterday to head down to Chesapeake Beach. I noticed a fishing/hunting store in the little strip mall on the left just past the BP station. All these years I never noticed it there. Has anyone visited the store, and would it be worth it to stop by? Is it a full fledged gun store, as in long guns and handguns, ammo? Thanks for any info.

Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    Unless it's changed in the last year or so it's mostly hunting/fishing gear. They've got a few hunting long guns and ammo. No handguns or any kind of tactical whatever. Pricey on some things and they were trying to get $1+\rd for .223 after Sandy Hook.

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    Thank you for the responses. The St. Leonard firehouse hosted a "Hunter's Bash" for the last two years. I think it is put on by Ducks Unlimited. Lots of firearms are given away thru the raffles. I was wondering if that shop is where the guns are purchased thru. I figure they came from an in county store but other than Walmart in Dunkirk I do not know of another gun dealer in Calvert.

RobSky

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Southern Anne Arundel
    Rons has some rifles, shotguns, muzzleloaders on rack. Quite a bit of archery gear, muzzleloader accessories and fishing gear. Basic ammo, no handguns, but will do transfer for you. Transfers a little pricey, but if your close, it's worth it. I frequent the place often to help local small business.

Robert1955

Ultimate Member
    Dec 25, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Free State Militia Firearms
    Licensee Name: Guru Enterprises LLC
    4417 Cassell Blvd
    Prince Frederick, MD 20678

They handled the transfer of my SR1911 and I also bought 2 stripped lowers from them. He did not stock much but should be able to get you what you want. I know alot of Calvery County Deputies deal with him.

midnightSGT

Oct 17, 2013
    Calvert County
    maybe some Pyrodex Pellets, triple 7 pellets and some sabots but not much selection. I pass there everyday if you need me check
    on anything let me know.

VG-10

Oct 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    4417 Cassell Blvd

They handled the transfer of my SR1911 and I also bought 2 stripped lowers from them. He did not stock much but should be able to get you what you want. I know alot of Calvery County Deputies deal with him.

Have had dealings with Chuck before and it has always gone smoothly. I would probably do bussines with him regularly If i didn't have an FFL right around the corner from me. I live in North Beach and use Tan's Cycle for my FFL transfers.

Tan's Cycle is on the corner of Chesapeke Ave. and Fifth St. They only do transfers and have nothing in stock, except Harley parts.

The last time I went in Baypro shop (2 or 3 years ago) Saw a Brick of 22 for $130. Haven't been in since.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    There use to be a gun shop in Saint Leonard next to buelers probably 12 to 15 years ago it was called bay bounty if I remember correctly . I thought he had moved to 231 just past the 7 11 in those brick buildings. Not sure if he is still there or not?

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    There use to be a gun shop in Saint Leonard next to buelers probably 12 to 15 years ago it was called bay bounty if I remember correctly . I thought he had moved to 231 just past the 7 11 in those brick buildings. Not sure if he is still there or not?

Think it's gone now too.

Used to be Bass and Buck right in PF.

Kens Gun Room in Sunderland, before he moved up to Dunkirk. Good guy.

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    There is a small shop near saint Leonard called Gigi's gun shop that is out of the guys house. He dose some gunsmith work. He has a 200 yard range in his back yard but he chargers $50 per half hour to shoot. He also has an ammo manufacturing license so he will custom load ammo. I am not sure what he charges for that

parttimer

Ultimate Member
    Oct 10, 2013
    Calvert
    1805 western shores blvd port republic md.
    He's range is not on the power lines. The 200 yard target is very close to the top of a hill with makes me wonder how many rounds have been lost over the hill.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    4417 Cassell Blvd

Is this in a private residence?

mxrider

Former MSI Treasurer
    Aug 20, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I made the exit off of Southbound Rt.4 yesterday to head down to Chesapeake Beach. I noticed a fishing/hunting store in the little strip mall on the left just past the BP station. All these years I never noticed it there. Has anyone visited the store, and would it be worth it to stop by? Is it a full fledged gun store, as in long guns and handguns, ammo? Thanks for any info.

My wife used to work for the Chiropractor in that strip center and I stopped in there to check it out. Mostly focused on hunting/fishing. Ammo prices were outrageous, imo. Didn't look much further into it and never went back.

Is this in a private residence?

Yes. Chuck is a great guy and I have handled 3 transfers through him and I highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom