• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pilot25

Ultimate Member
    Jul 13, 2016
    The lady who makes custom ears, loss my business. Friggin cell glued to her ear.

I got a set from her. She is a nice lady that does this on weekends for extra money. She is a bookkeeper in the 9-5. Probably was on the phone with her kids. Her sets are the same as those made for airline pilots. Done correctly you get a perfect seal and the extension down the ear canal is what makes the difference. If you can get the homemade stuff down your ear canal without damaging your ear drum then good on you. I'd prefer someone who is trained.

She is expensive but most other vendors are equally expensive. The few shows I have been too I have never seen anything that I can't get online cheaper. However, I like to support the vendors vs. buying online otherwise there would be no gun shows to go to.

zxcvbnm

Jun 14, 2008
    I got a set from her. She is a nice lady that does this on weekends for extra money. She is a bookkeeper in the 9-5. Probably was on the phone with her kids. Her sets are the same as those made for airline pilots. Done correctly you get a perfect seal and the extension down the ear canal is what makes the difference. If you can get the homemade stuff down your ear canal without damaging your ear drum then good on you. I'd prefer someone who is trained.

She is expensive but most other vendors are equally expensive. However, I like to support the vendors vs. buying online otherwise there would be no gun shows to go to.

I previously got a pair made by her. They are high quality. In my opinion, it is worth every penny for the convenience (already at the show) and the fact that you get one pair of ears - worth the money to save them!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

She is expensive but most other vendors are equally expensive. However, I like to support the vendors vs. buying online otherwise there would be no gun shows to go to.

I don't know her or whom you are referring too.

But generally I agree, I would rather support a local business/person than to just give my money out of state, country, etc. I generally 'buy American' when and where possible; hopefully it will get a little easier now that Trump is President {wow, that felt good to think/say}

One of my gun clubs allowed a friend of one of the members come out to one of our shooting events and let him offer custom in ear hearing protection to our club members. This was a couple years ago, and I've frequently asked them about their hearing protection, all have been very satisfied, but I honestly do not think its any better than these new DIY kits you can buy at a fraction of the price.

You really can't go wrong either way, from all accounts this is a really good way to go.

mcbruzdzinski

NRA Training Counselor
    Industry Partner
    Aug 28, 2007
    Catonsville MD
    If you need a set of custom ear plugs, the guys at the Catonsville Beltone make them.

BELTONE HEARING CARE CENTER
    611 FREDERICK ROAD

CATONSVILLE MD, 21228 410 744-2580

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    These are the ones I used, but I'm guessing some of the others are just as good. These are about $10, and if you are careful and don't have to use too much material (i.e. large ear canals) you might be able to make two sets from one package. A real value!

Radians Custom Molded Earplugs

RAD-CEP001.jpg

Thanks, ordering some, My niece is studying(@MD)/working as an audiologist and is amazed how good my hearing is after having installed custom/competition car audio for 4 years, 130 to 140 dB on a daily basis, The shop bought the Rockford Fosgate van which when plugged into 220 V could reach 148 dB :dancing banana: AACC had free testing as I was taking classes while installing so weekly tests I did take and all is still good :)

tigmaned

Feb 25, 2007
    Crofton
    list of gun dealer that were at this show? i was looking at a ruger in the bigger main roon of the show.. when you walked in main room they were to the left and selling a lot of Ruger's.. kind of near were the safes were being sold..i didn't get there info... anyone know who they might be? thanks

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    list of gun dealer that were at this show? i was looking at a ruger in the bigger main roon of the show.. when you walked in main room they were to the left and selling a lot of Ruger's.. kind of near were the safes were being sold..i didn't get there info... anyone know who they might be? thanks

He is known as Rugerman. I think he is out of Pa.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    These are the ones I used, but I'm guessing some of the others are just as good. These are about $10, and if you are careful and don't have to use too much material (i.e. large ear canals) you might be able to make two sets from one package. A real value!

Radians Custom Molded Earplugs

RAD-CEP001.jpg

Thanks for the tip, just made mine and they are curing nicely

Attachments

• IMG_7345.jpg
      IMG_7345.jpg
      52.5 KB · Views: 259

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member