• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Ok, with this new gun ban taking effect Oct 1 I have a few questions regarding aquiring an AR-15 before its too late. I have narrowed down my purusit of an AR to building them myself so I am talking aquiring stripped lowers to be built after the ban goes into effect. So heres my Dilemma

I just bought a new handgun (XDm .40) last week and filled out all the paper work but I cannot submit the paperwork untill 4/16 due to the 30 day rule between purchases (I recieved my last gun on 3/15). I imagine that in order to buy a stripped lower I will have to wait untill my background check goes through for the handgun then after that an additional 30 days for the time between purchases to submit paperwork to MSP for the lower? (ahh!) So basically with all this waiting and MSP taking forever to do background checks It will basically only allow me to purchase like 1 lower from now untill OCT 1? This is stupid! I thought about delaying the handgun and waiting to actually submit paperwork on that but since it has higher than a 10 rnd capacity magazine that would be banned as well?

With this new law what does "purchasing" actually mean? How can I buy several of these before its too late?

Ok, another question, hypotherically speaking, lets say my mother and grandmother decide to go out and buy stripped lowers next week just to stick it to the man and have the potential to build an AR down the line. After Oct 1 the only possible way for them to pass these "soon to be family hierlooms" down to me would be through thier death/ inheritence?

If anyone could shed some light/ guidance on the subject I would greatly appreciate it. My goal is to aquire atleast 2 (more if possible) stripped lowers before the law goes into effect.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    Become a Maryland Designated Collector. It eliminates the thirty day wait. Even if it takes you two months to get approved, that would still give you four months to buy.

Brad

Mar 20, 2013
    Glen Arm
    Thanks for the tip, I'm filling out the application today and have our secretary notarize it! The answer was better than I expected!

Feb 28, 2013
    If your last pickup was 3/15, you can submit new apps on 4/8.

Because the 7 days you would've waited anyway would make up the rest of that time.

Hokie

Nov 20, 2012
    The collector took me about 4 weeks to receive. Seems like they ship them out in batches since the letter was dated almost a week before I received it.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    If you have paperwork in on something before Oct 1. It's good to go I'm pretty sure.

Sent from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom