• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    We should probably start a pool for how many times he tries to get back in. Thanks to Norton and all the mods for the good job they do.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My question is , I have seen many pictures of Norton some of them are rather scary and some are not so much . I am wondering if I could pick him out in a crowd of MDS'ers

As far as seeing WC I would say it should always be one less post then I have ...:innocent0

jkasprz

May 7, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    Pfhaha.

Alright my friend. Tell ya what. Given that I'm clearly to "blame" here, I'll just delete my account so you don't have to mess things up for everyone else. I'm still below 50 posts.

Sorry to have thrown off the harmonics in your echo chamber.

I am going to do the same. God forbid if you try to make a joke and only have a few posts. There are ones with high post counts who act superior to ones who don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    How do deactivate your account using tapatalk?

Go to settings.......click user profile.........click user settings.......click account settings......click account password........click account deactivation

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I am going to do the same. God forbid if you try to make a joke and only have a few posts. There are ones with high post counts who act superior to ones who don't.

I don't see you doing any trolling or moling. Don't be too quick to run off. I make a LOT of jokes that sail right over the heads of most "normies." I realized long ago that just as some people are "tone deaf" and literally cannot detect music, many people are "humor deaf" and cannot recognize humor. To be fair, the internet does make it more difficult.

You might not see what was going on with that guy, but believe me, whether he was an actual mole or not, he was definitely off.

Stick around... at least until you get banned!

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    My question is , I have seen many pictures of Norton some of them are rather scary and some are not so much . I am wondering if I could pick him out in a crowd of MDS'ers

You could pick him out on the other side of a ten foot tall fence.

(He has a strawberry birthmark on his left earlobe, shaped like a xylophone.)

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    Thanks everyone for being reasonable. I can take a joke just fine doesn't bother me. At 51 never had safe place just work and try to survive. Hoping the country that I know will still exist in a few years, but starting to wonder.
    By the way you do an excellent job with this forum. Keep up the good work.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005

That's simply no relevant to this user's circumstances and I'm sorry that you can't see that he/she/it was running script that we've been seeing here for more than 10 years now; that being the "let's find a reasonable compromise".

We see it time and time again, and it's a known tactic of "them" to come on to a gun community and proselytize about being "reasonable" when the truth is that they are deliberately trying to undermine us.

Think what you want, but you're dead wrong.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland

That's simply no relevant to this user's circumstances and I'm sorry that you can't see that he/she/it was running script that we've been seeing here for more than 10 years now; that being the "let's find a reasonable compromise".

We see it time and time again, and it's a known tactic of "them" to come on to a gun community and proselytize about being "reasonable" when the truth is that they are deliberately trying to undermine us.

Think what you want, but you're dead wrong.
    them are manipulators the Russians didn't get away with it why should he/she/it :thumbsup:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I think you should stick around.

WIMN was a troll. You do not seem to be.

This is a good place, but like any 'family' there are winners and losers.

I hope you will continue to read and contribute.

Michael S

Nov 6, 2012
    Towson
    I guess I am so use to seeing trolls on the internet I do not really pay attention to them much. I can see were you have to, do not envy that job. Yes I will stick around enjoy reading and staying informed. Have not found many places that show the whole scope about what is going on like you do here.

RonRJA

Oct 29, 2014
    Anne Arundel County
    I don't know if vBulletin supports this feature but a common way of blocking accounts online is a kind of "silent block" where you don't actually block/delete the account it just makes it so that anything the offending user posts, only they can see it. So from their eyes, they are posting as normal and they think everyone is seeing their posts. This helps with preventing people from just creating new accounts and trolling.

As far as access to WC though, I personally don't see how a post count is a good measure to allow access, for instance, I have been a member of this forum for 4 years and only have about 30 posts, but I come here multiple times a week, often every day, have bought stuff from people on the classifieds section, and have never got into it with anyone. But hey, the rules are the rules.

Adolph Oliver Bush

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 13, 2015
    Well then MichaelS, celebrate your continued presence here by joining the patriot picket crew at mission barbecue on dock street at 6pm tomorrow, then hit the bricks to stand up for your 2A rights. Easy drive from Towson or wherever.

Last edited:

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I don't know if vBulletin supports this feature but a common way of blocking accounts online is a kind of "silent block" where you don't actually block/delete the account it just makes it so that anything the offending user posts, only they can see it. So from their eyes, they are posting as normal and they think everyone is seeing their posts. This helps with preventing people from just creating new accounts and trolling.

As far as access to WC though, I personally don't see how a post count is a good measure to allow access, for instance, I have been a member of this forum for 4 years and only have about 30 posts, but I come here multiple times a week, often every day, have bought stuff from people on the classifieds section, and have never got into it with anyone. But hey, the rules are the rules.
    It makes sense 99% of the time. No rule is perfect, but the one currently in place seems to work pretty well. For every user like yourself there are 100 more that the 50 post rule properly guards against.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How do deactivate your account using tapatalk?

You can check out any time you like...

Now I'm pissed. I'll have this crappy song stuck in my head the rest of the day. :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom