• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    LOLOL no, I'll fess up.... I gave him all the money I had in my wallet.... $331.00. Worked for both of us. :thumbsup:

OK.....Put up the middle finger.........just did a quick search (And I didn't look at specifics)......but, for 30-06 Model 70's, very few under four figures, and nothing with a scope under $500.....I'd say you did very well.:party29:

TargetGrade

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 13, 2017
    Pensultucky
    OK.....Put up the middle finger.........just did a quick search (And I didn't look at specifics)......but, for 30-06 Model 70's, very few under four figures, and nothing with a scope under $500.....I'd say you did very well.:party29:

Yeah I know :thumbsup: but truth is I don't need it. :o I bought the sporter 03A3, SKS and super sweet Luger less than a month ago. It's just REALLY hard for me to pass up a good deal. :o

I hope when I go **** up that somebody appreciates it. :lol2:

I think I'm done buying for a bit besides it aches to walk down range to set up targets until I get this hip replaced.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I wasn't aware that a 2 position safety existed at all on a Model 70 of any vintage.

I am finding the three position safety was a plus over the Rem 700s because they could be unloaded while safe and while on safe the bolt could not be opened. So a two position may be rare ... or just dirty :) lol.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Every Model 70 I have ever owned has had a 3 position safety and I used to have a pretty sizable collection. I would have those "2 position" safeties checked by a gunsmith.
    I have seen a few that would not work properly due to internal rust accumulation, even when they came new in the box.
    Nice score on that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom