• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tangent

Feb 28, 2013
    To put some things into perspective, I found a fun roundup of statistics of things more dangerous than mass shootings.
    http://www.bizpacreview.com/2018/02/21/22-statistics-united-states-mass-shootings-605633

A readers digest summary: Over the past several decades there have been an average of 2.53 mass shootings resulting in 35 fatalities per year.
    More people die from hammer blows and knives than long guns.

Things that are much more deadly than mass shootings:
    Falls involving a bed: 649.4yr - yep, we need to ban bunk beds
    Accidental suffocation and strangulation in bed. 680.4yr - please collect all your sheets and pillows and turn them into the sheriffs precinct for safe disposal.
    Contact with agricultural machinery. 278.9yr
    Constipation. 144.5yr Maybe put laxatives in the water supply? I'm really on the fence as to if Hollyweird and the MSM should be given access to this prophylactic treatment.... ;)
    Getting stuck between objects. 122.8yr
    Fall from tree. 94.2yr and you know how much kids like to climb trees. Yep, better ban trees.
    Falls involving ice skates, ski's, roller skates or skate boards. 75.9yr Hay, your teen won't miss them... Helmetes, plastic bubbles and knee pads for all!
    Contact with powered lawnmower. 63.4yr So much for that summer job...

Just for giggles, I looked up a couple of others:
    Death by lightning strike. Average was 47yr over several decades, but the last decade it's only been 30 a year, so you are slightly safer in a classroom being shot up. I would love the read the legislation that made the storm clouds behave...
    http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/odds.shtml

School related transportation crashes. 36.3yr So yes, you are slightly more likely to die going to or coming back from school than in a school shooting. And I wonder why my congress critter laughs at me every time I ask him to ban school buses... ;)
    https://crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/812170

Now, if you really want an issue that elementary school students understand and care deeply about, just try and ban PB&J sandwiches, They will *RIOT!* Between 150 and 200 people die in this country every year because of peanut allergies. In your average classroom, there will be 2 kids with a peanut allergy. Clearly, this is too much of a threat. We need to ban PB&J sandwiches immediately!

As a final note, of all the mass shootings in past decades, there have only been 2 that didn't happen in "gun free zones". Places where civilians could legally carry and could have stopped it.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And my favorite factoid -

The most deadly mass murder by a Single person in the US (87 people) was committed using a gallon of gas and a match .

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    The most deadly thing of all? Breathing.

Every single thing that breathes, eventually dies.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    98% of mass shootings since 1950 occurred in gun-free zones.

Source: Donald Trump read it during his bipartisan WH meeting today. Nobody contradicted him.

Does the Maryland General ASSembly know this? Do they care?

Idiots, nefarious, or both.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    I was looking for the same info this morning. I stumbled upon... auto-erotic asphixiation. Which is when a liberal sticks his head up his own ass and then chokes himself somehow.

Oh, if only it were that simple to get rid of liberals... they'd be extinct in our lifetimes. :thumbsup:

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    98% of mass shootings since 1950 occurred in gun-free zones.

Source: Donald Trump read it during his bipartisan WH meeting today. Nobody contradicted him.

Does the Maryland General ASSembly know this? Do they care?

Idiots, nefarious, or both.

No the murder's just must not have read the sign. If you put a giant sign with bright neon lights up to inform them that they are about to enter a gun free zone In the future they will know that what they are doing is illegal and refrain from causing harm.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Things more deadly than mass shootings: The Left.

Estimated to have caused over one hundred million (100,000,000) deaths worldwide since 1917.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Abortions are still more deadly too, right? I know that's another whole hot topic in itself that I'm not looking to stir up...but I thought it was maddeningly ironic at Monday a week ago's Patriot Picket hearing the women's rally cry out for the children, while holding Planned Parenthood signs:facepalm:

chipd

May 20, 2017
    5 gallon buckets have a higher body count. swimming pools are like gas chambers in comparison

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    More people die from pool drownings than guns. They should ban backyard pools. Nobody needs to learn how to swim.

Seriously. Of what use is swimming? You don't need it for everyday life. Only sailors should learn how to swim. Going near water? Wear a flotation device. Exercise? Go run round the track.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    jeh johnson.

I'll bet more people have died wondering if Guam will capsize, either from laughing so hard they suffocate or from a burst blood vessel in their brain from anger that someone that stupid got elected.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

BBossman1

Mar 11, 2009
    Kensington
    Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us

"Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. Their figure, published May 3 in The BMJ, surpasses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) third leading cause of death — respiratory disease, which kills close to 150,000 people per year."

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Study Suggests Medical Errors Now Third Leading Cause of Death in the U.S.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/study_suggests_medical_errors_now_third_leading_cause_of_death_in_the_us

"Analyzing medical death rate data over an eight-year period, Johns Hopkins patient safety experts have calculated that more than 250,000 deaths per year are due to medical error in the U.S. Their figure, published May 3 in The BMJ, surpasses the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC’s) third leading cause of death — respiratory disease, which kills close to 150,000 people per year."

I remember when that study came out. I pissed off a bunch of liberals on Facebook by telling them that they were much more likely to die from Obamacare than from a gunshot.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Don’t forget falls from those pesky Assault ladders and also I read that over 1,000 children are killed yearly by bicycle accidents. But there is no agenda to pry my ladder or bicycles from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom