• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Form 4 Trust (1 RP, Silencer Shop Single Shot Unlimited Trust)
    YHM Turbo
    Purchased 7/29/2017
    Check Cashed 8/11/2017
    Approved 3/08/2018
    Stamp Received 3/15/2018
    Picked Up 3/16/2018

Dedicated suppressor for my 10.5" SBR.

Wow that's great news! ! That's about 210 days ish after check cashed !!

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Wow that's great news! ! That's about 210 days ish after check cashed !!
    Heck yeah, I'm really excited. Even better, I literally purchased 8 cans over a 7 month period, so they will be rolling in regularly over the course of 2018. 8 suppressors is a little ridiculous, but the discounts this year were great thanks to HPA tanking sales for most of the industry. I went with two very modular models (Griffin Optimus and Liberty Cosmic), but the other six are specific to one or maybe two firearms.

Sadly all the muzzle devices and doodads that you have to buy if you want to go "all in" on just a few suppressors to share between all your firearms don't really seem cost effective to me, and I'd rather not have to spend the time and ammo dealing with POI shift and retuning actions for suppressed vs unsuppressed. This is probably my inexperience with actually owning suppressors for a diverse firearms collection causing me to spend more than I needed to, but it's too late to worry about that now . . .

Also, I may or may not have gotten a little paranoid that Maryland was going to ban suppressors but allow grandfathering if HPA or SHARE did manage to pass. Wanted to make sure I would have everything I "need" in that event.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Sadly all the muzzle devices and doodads that you have to buy if you want to go "all in" on just a few suppressors to share between all your firearms don't really seem cost effective to me, and I'd rather not have to spend the time and ammo dealing with POI shift and retuning actions for suppressed vs unsuppressed. This is probably my inexperience with actually owning suppressors for a diverse firearms collection causing me to spend more than I needed to, but it's too late to worry about that now . . .
    I feel your pain. Muzzle devices add up FAST with these quick-detach/attach suppressors if you have a large collection you want to suppress. I almost envy people who are content with running direct-thread... you buy whatever suppressor you want and that's that. Once you're into mounting systems, you have to be a lot more picky about what you buy.

I've also noticed that if you're into NFA rifles and shotguns, there are a lot of gotchas that other people may not notice. The 10" 5.56x45 barrel restriction on my SiCo Hybrid caught me by surprise, as I've got an 8.25" AR-15 pre-ban that was impacted by that. I also supposedly shouldn't use my Salvo 12 on my Saiga 12 SBS when running 3" shells (albeit it's 13" barrel vs 14" limit, so it's not much of a risk). The 16" 458 limit on the Hybrid also put a bit of a crimp on my 12" .458 SOCOM SBR plans.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Waiting on two form 4s from 5/31/17. Gotta be close right?
    trust or individual? I just cleared two form 4s with checks cashed at the tail end of July and the first week of August. I am not big on recommending that as I would prefer NFA branch to be doing their thing vs answering calls, but it might be worth it for you in the next month or so.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    I just started the paperwork. Gemtech Aurora II suppressor, on an individual Form 4. Used the Silencer Shop kiosk system...we'll see if it helps.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    trust or individual? I just cleared two form 4s with checks cashed at the tail end of July and the first week of August. I am not big on recommending that as I would prefer NFA branch to be doing their thing vs answering calls, but it might be worth it for you in the next month or so.

Trust. Forgot that little detail.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Waiting on two form 4s from 5/31/17. Gotta be close right?
    Maybe. Have you had anything cleared post-41p? Unfortunately, when you go too long, that's sometimes a sign you got tripped up with the NICS check, and you'll spend additional months waiting.

Hellrazr78

May 20, 2011
    Balt. Co.
    Maybe. Have you had anything cleared post-41p? Unfortunately, when you go too long, that's sometimes a sign you got tripped up with the NICS check, and you'll spend additional months waiting.

I’ve had 7 cleared post 41-p. They were all submitted before it took effect though.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Heck yeah, I'm really excited. Even better, I literally purchased 8 cans over a 7 month period, so they will be rolling in regularly over the course of 2018. 8 suppressors is a little ridiculous, but the discounts this year were great thanks to HPA tanking sales for most of the industry. I went with two very modular models (Griffin Optimus and Liberty Cosmic), but the other six are specific to one or maybe two firearms.

Also, I may or may not have gotten a little paranoid that Maryland was going to ban suppressors but allow grandfathering if HPA or SHARE did manage to pass. Wanted to make sure I would have everything I "need" in that event.

You may find all of your stamps may come in the same time. I've heard of others who have purchased multiple units getting all the stamps during the same week.

Good Luck!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Update: ATF confirmed stamp approved 3/1, but they have 30 days to send it to the vendor, then 77R and 7 day wait because MSP insists the SBR with a stock is simultaneously a pistol! Looks like it will be 13 1/2 months.

Still no stamp!:mad54:

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    How does that work? The C&R part?

IIRC, if you are Federally licensed to receive C&R items, you can purchase a C&R NFA item (whether from in-state or out-of-state) and, after BATFE approval, have it shipped directly to your door. No in-state NFA FFL dealer is involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom