• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just want to make sure I am reading this right BEFORE I order a couple:

(B) THIS SECTION DOES NOT APPLY TO THE POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BY A PERSON WHO:
    1) POSSESSED THE RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018;
    (2) APPLIED TO THE FEDERAL BUREAU OF ALCOHOL, TOBACCO, FIREARMS AND EXPLOSIVES BEFORE OCTOBER 1, 2018, FOR AUTHORIZATION TO POSSESS A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR; AND
    (3) IS IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL FEDERAL REQUIREMENTS FOR
    POSSESSION OF A RAPID FIRE TRIGGER ACTIVATOR.

Do I need to submit anything to the BATFE and get approval from the BATFE before I purchase a bump stock?

A bump stock is included in the definition of a "Rapid Fire Trigger Activator". The part that worries me is the AND, which makes all three prongs applicable. For a minute there, it appeared as though Maryland legislators knew what they were talking about with the definitions, etc. Granted, they are clueless about the effects of the law, but it looked like the bill was at least drafted with some knowledge. Am I missing something? Do I need BATFE approval?

Had no interest in a binary trigger or a bump stock, until I read this ridiculous bill today, that only received 7 nay votes.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    It’s so confusing to me, I have asked others and gave my opinion on other threads so, subscribed so smarter folks than myself can answer this question

I have most all the parts they speak of in this bill so I am very interested.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Fabs...chill out.

It’s not passed yet and it may change further still.
    Bump stocks continue to be perfectly legal and available out there in free America. There is a good supply outside of MD, where most in MD are acquiring them.

I really like our odds in court even if the bill becomes law because I am confident the Infringers misunderstand Maryland’s “takings” clause in our state Constitution.

As yet, there is no pathway to ATF approval, but that does not mean that this pathway will not emerge – – pending political developments over the next couple of months.

I am telling anyone who will listen: obtain a Bump Stock/RFTA over the next six months NO MATTER WHAT. We need a pool of plaintiffs to fight this and to give an even greater standing in court.

There would be plenty of time to secure your property out of state if people wish to make that adjustment.

Serialization of firearms makes possession bans like FSA2013 possible. Bump Stocks/RFTAs are not numbered so this property is akin to a standard capacity AR magazine, which MD has successfully defended as a NOT FOR SALE item within the boundaries of MD.

If “Not For Sale in MD” makes the Infringing Libtards happy, have at it! I hardly ever miss a Dulles Expo or PA gun show because I love going to shows to look for classic revolvers. BONUS: I also pick up all legally obtainable purchases that I need or want that just happen to be “not for sale” in MD.

Last edited:

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Fabs...chill out.

It’s not passed yet and it may change further still.

Bump stocks continue to be perfectly legal and available out there in free America. There is a good supply outside of MD, where most in MD are acquiring them.

Ar-15's are available in the rest of the country too. Just illegal to possess them in Maryland unless you possessed them prior to October 1, 2013 or they are "HBAR".

I am pretty calm about this actually. Would not lose any sleep if I never owned a bump stock, binary trigger, etc. I rarely even do mag dumps. However, if they are going to be banned unless owned prior to October 1, 2018 (with qualifiers), then I am contemplating the purchase.

I am as "chilled" as when they were proposing FSA2013. The grandfather language is almost the same, except for that AND requiring BATFE approval. Before FSA2013 was proposed, I owned one AR-15 and one AR-10 and I rarely shot them. Now......

Just trying to get some ducks in a row to either influence the grandfathering language in this bill or to get my items ordered and "approved" before October 1, 2018 should this garbage bill pass.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    It’s so confusing to me, I have asked others and gave my opinion on other threads so, subscribed so smarter folks than myself can answer this question

I have most all the parts they speak of in this bill so I am very interested.

If I am not mistaken, your son bought you a couple of binary triggers for Christmas. Until you posted about them, I had no idea what they were. Still have no desire to own one, but I can see where people might want one. People like release triggers on trap guns, but not me.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    If I am not mistaken, your son bought you a couple of binary triggers for Christmas. Until you posted about them, I had no idea what they were. Still have no desire to own one, but I can see where people might want one. People like release triggers on trap guns, but not me.

Yes indeed the boy gave me two just after Christmas, on my birthday, and I have a couple bump stocks and at least one of two trigger cranks some damn were. It’s not that I use them a lot, hardly ever really, but I don’t like being told what to do

Plus they are taking away our 2a rights so fvckem

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    Dear ATF,
    I'm applying for your permission to own a piece of plastic with no serial number that may or may not speed up the rate of fire of an unattached firearm to equal that of unknown person Jerry Miculek, to comply with MD law which may or may not be constitutional.
    Please send me a free stamp.
    Your loving servant
    Mr. X

Then ATF responded:

Dearest Mr X
    You're approved! We know how silly your MD legislaors are, especially when they tell US at ATF what we gotta do. We already wrote our letter approving bumpstocks and other trigger activators. It's on our website, at least it was (not sure if Russian hackers have taken it yet).
    Just show that to MD for your approval letter.

Sincerely,
    Trump's new ATF

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    To all within the sound of my voice, let this message go out to All The Nations:

I will be first in line to be the plaintiff to fight any Bump Stock / Rapid Fire Trigger Activation law in Maryland.

I do this as one of the few "Free Staters" who has been a WINNING plaintiff in a 2nd Amendment court case in Maryland. (How often does that happen?) .

As some of you may know, I acquired a Taser Pulse and filed suit as the plaintiff 14 months ago in the case filed in Anne Arundel Couny to smash the long-established Taser ban. Working with the accomplished 2nd Amendment litigators Alan Beck (known to us here on the forum as "Wolfwood") and Stephen Stambouleigh of New Orleans, and in conjunction with the Firearms Policy Coalition, the Taser Ban was recinded. (lawsuit cover page below)

It was not the most high-profile 2nd Amendment victory you will ever read about, but it was a 2A victory nonetheless and another step forward for our right to Self Defense.

In the not-to-distant future, we will win our Federal Civil Rights lawsuit against unlawful arrests on February 5th for exercising our 1st Amendment right to demonstrate on behalf of the 2nd Amendment.

So, I say again: I will be first in line to fight this disgraceful attempt to infringe, yet again, on our rights to own the firearm accessories of our choice. That said, I would love some company. Are you in?

Attachments

• 0A23CFBF-80F3-4936-9F9E-32C8BF1A89F4.jpg
      0A23CFBF-80F3-4936-9F9E-32C8BF1A89F4.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 2,755

jkeys

Jan 30, 2013
    So, I say again: I will be first in line to fight this disgraceful attempt to infringe, yet again, on our rights to own the firearm accessories of our choice. That said, I would love some company. Are you in?

What info do you need?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

What info do you need?

Hang in there. This story is still unfolding. But we damn well know this story will be continue to be top line news right here. MDS members, in likely conjunction with Maryland Shall Issue, will join forces.

jkeys: I know that this law also infringes on your work contracting with government agencies to supply them.

This is where we are ALL IN. There would be plaintiffs, and standing with them would be Maryland Patriots with checkbooks at the ready.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    You know Maryland laws are really F'd up when an attorney has to go on an internet forum to get clarification!
    ;)

Nominated for the MDS quote of the year.

What about: "Republicans Propose Maryland Law To Demand That Maryland Law Be Enforced"

That's right, in our fight against Sanctuary Cities, Del. Kathy Szeliga fought a valiant, but losing battle, to get a law passed demanding that CURRENT LAW be followed.

Are we trying to dig Maryland out of a hole, or what?

Attachments

• 104DF032-B445-4A1F-B754-D6EF0FBB3960.jpeg
      104DF032-B445-4A1F-B754-D6EF0FBB3960.jpeg
      51.5 KB · Views: 508

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom