• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j26sub

May 8, 2018
    Since most AR-10s are not regulated in MD...As long as it doesn't have too many evil features, can my dad gift me one that I can bring back to MD from North Carolina? I've read a lot of different threads, but I'm an idiot and seems to be differing opinions about adjacent states, etc...

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    He can, but since he lives in another state, an FFL there or in Maryland needs to transfer it to you.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    And if you are in nc with your dad I believe you can purchase an unregulated long gun yourself and bring it back

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    too bad he didn't gift it to you back when you lived with him... i wonder how someone could prove that didn't happen?

and serious question, if i'm a merrylander and for some reason LEO came to be aware of some guns i have, do i have to prove i got them legally or is it on the LEO to prove if they thought or wanted to check i didn't get them legally?

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Even for an at 10?

Somehow I thought the evil features were only for at 15’s for some reason

Yes, a magazine fed semi auto center fire rifle falls under the "copy cat" provision no matter it's caliber. Must have only one evil feature and be > 29" OAL

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    too bad he didn't gift it to you back when you lived with him... i wonder how someone could prove that didn't happen?

and serious question, if i'm a merrylander and for some reason LEO came to be aware of some guns i have, do i have to prove i got them legally or is it on the LEO to prove if they thought or wanted to check i didn't get them legally?

IANAL but iMO it's the state's burden to prove you didn't, not the other way round.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    Yes, a magazine fed semi auto center fire rifle falls under the "copy cat" provision no matter it's caliber. Must have only one evil feature and be > 29" OAL

I was sitting here thinking about exactly that because I have severa rifles that are on the van list that are not ar15’s

Hopefully I can remember now and maybe someone else will also

Thanks!

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009

I was sitting here thinking about exactly that because I have severa rifles that are on the van list that are not ar15’s

Hopefully I can remember now and maybe someone else will also

Thanks!

Specifically, it is any semi-automatic, centerfire rifle which is capable of accepting a detachable magazine which is subject to the "copycat assault weapon" tests (the feature test and the OAL test).

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    IANAL but iMO it's the state's burden to prove you didn't, not the other way round.

Mean while it's $10 X ? in legal fees you'll never get back until the matter is plus a possible criminal record. And that's even if you prevail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom