• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • boardboy330

Resident Secret Squirrel
    Mar 18, 2008
    I've been looking for a year....I'd say 75% want clearances or 20 certs, or both. :sad20:

Clearance isn't an issue...20 certs may be. My problem is all the higher level places NEED college degree...and the job entails nothing encompassed in a degree.

P-12 Norm

Why be normal?
    Sep 9, 2009
    Bowie, MD
    My problem is always that I have oodles of experience in the technical world of telecomm, but that is a dying industry, and the fact I can learn anything technical meant nothing. I worked on E6 repeaters, 24V4's, 829 Data Interfaces, modems, muldems, Fiber Rings, ATM, etc...and it doesn't seem to count for squat.

Shutterbug

Have camera, will travel!
    Nov 24, 2012
    AACo
    Hey guys I just started a new job(well a few months ago) but anyway, I am a recruiter for a company called Vision Technology Services. If you are looking for a job in the IT industry please fell free to contact me. Right now we have over 40 clients and over 200 consultants. Please get in contact with me and I will help get you into a new position!:)

What do you have for Infosec or IA positions? I'm currently doing SA&A and was doing ISSO work before.

Ar1b3nz

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Apr 18, 2011
    NOVA
    Hey guys I just started a new job(well a few months ago) but anyway, I am a recruiter for a company called Vision Technology Services. If you are looking for a job in the IT industry please fell free to contact me. Right now we have over 40 clients and over 200 consultants. Please get in contact with me and I will help get you into a new position!:)

Can you give me an IT job in Virginia around Springfield/Fairfax area?

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    What types of positions do you have?

If you guys are cleared, send me a PM... hell send me a PM anyway a friend of mine has some commercial work and I'm working on business case for setting up a commercial services group.

Currently, I could really use some guys with experience in:

• Writing JAVA based analytics in Greenplum, Cloudera, Accumulo, or any other Hadoop based cloud environment.
    • Brocade ethernet and fibre channel network switches; or any of the products from Brocade's security software suite. (BCNA certified would be stellar)
    • Palo Alto Networks 2nd generation firewall deployment and configuration.
    • EMC Isilon storage clusters; to a lesser extent EMC block based storage (VNX)

If you have significant experience deploying NAS (NetApp, Isilon etc) and have a strong background in core services (AD, DNS, LDAP, NFS, CIFS/SMB) and are willing to travel twice a month for 3-5 days we may be interested in you. For uncleared folks, the salary range would need to be in the $50-60k (full benefits) arena as I can't support what I'm working on putting together with our current $150k engineers.

graci

Try getting a job in the IT field when you're 57 years old.
    Been in the IT field for 22 years as a NASA contractor on Hubble Space Telescope until we developed ourselves out of a job (automation and downsized).
    Everyone wants a security clearance and certs out the a$$.....
    Went from 6 figures to $15 per hour........life sucks.

dan

Mr H

Banana'd
    Try getting a job in the IT field when you're 57 years old.
    Been in the IT field for 22 years as a NASA contractor on Hubble Space Telescope until we developed ourselves out of a job (automation and downsized).
    Everyone wants a security clearance and certs out the a$$.....
    Went from 6 figures to $15 per hour........life sucks.

dan

I feel for you...

I was so entrenched in my position for 15y that, without further certs, education, or clearance, it's tough.

I'm seriously considering doing something else.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    I feel for you...

I was so entrenched in my position for 15y that, without further certs, education, or clearance, it's tough.

I'm seriously considering doing something else.

Sounds a lot like myself also. I was fortunate to get an opportunity recently to lateral over into data center planning. Different pace and get to see the big picture. I also am going back to school for business. I got to comfortable.

Can't afford to get additional education, I'm barely making my mortgage payment and monthly expenses. I'm in a rough situation.
    Have to work alone 12 hour mids all through Christmas and new years.
    Both kids are working part time and they chip in to help with expenses, so they had to quit college.

If things don't change in 2013, I'm selling my house and moving to Delaware in something less expensive. Something has got to give.
    I'll lose $62k I put down and another 60k cash I put in it. Plus I lost my equity. I'll be lucky to sell the house enough to pay the realtor's fees.

Too damn old to start a new career, I can't afford to start at minimum wage.
    Already claimed Ch. 7.

I would take any job as long it's regular day shift and pay's a decent wage.

dan

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Can't afford to get additional education, I'm barely making my mortgage payment and monthly expenses. I'm in a rough situation.
    Have to work alone 12 hour mids all through Christmas and new years.
    Both kids are working part time and they chip in to help with expenses, so they had to quit college.

If things don't change in 2013, I'm selling my house and moving to Delaware in something less expensive. Something has got to give.
    I'll lose $62k I put down and another 60k cash I put in it. Plus I lost my equity. I'll be lucky to sell the house enough to pay the realtor's fees.

Too damn old to start a new career, I can't afford to start at minimum wage.
    Already claimed Ch. 7.

I would take any job as long it's regular day shift and pay's a decent wage.

dan

If you look in Delaware shoot me a PM and I will see if any of my contacts have positions. Most are in IT for Wilmington financial institutions though.

kamikazeH20mln

Dec 12, 2009
    Ellicott City, MD
    Sounds a lot like myself also. I was fortunate to get an opportunity recently to lateral over into data center planning. Different pace and get to see the big picture. I also am going back to school for business. I got to comfortable.
    This is why in IT I strongly believe in pushing yourself up or lateral moves every 2-3 years to keep fresh. Training is always a big plus - I really hate certs; hands-on will always win over a cert.

DubTap21

Jan 27, 2013
    Silver Spring
    I'm located in Silver Spring. I'm prior military (honorable discharge) with an IT an Intelligence background. Does anyone have a line on who's hiring in my area? Feel free to PM me if you need to talk privately. Thanks in advance.

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    'm located in Silver Spring. I'm prior military (honorable discharge) with an IT an Intelligence background. Does anyone have a line on who's hiring in my area? Feel free to PM me if you need to talk privately. Thanks in advance.

Still looking? PM me.

johnb007

Jul 6, 2011
    Companies like TekSytems are always pinging me for positions or for referrals. If you need an IT position I'd pass your resume to them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

sailskidrive

Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Companies like TekSytems are always pinging me for positions or for referrals. If you need an IT position I'd pass your resume to them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, they send their fembots out in droves to the Green Turtle, PF Changs, and Nottinghams all the time to recruit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom