Active Duty Coastie coming into say hi (pic heavy)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Well hello everyone. quick rundown of me. name is Dave Hutchison graduated from North East High in 2006 and enlisted in the US Coast Guard, just hit my 6 year mark and am a Gunner's Mate. holy moly alot of freaking info i learnt about firearms i never knew about. i just got back from Remington's factory in Ilion, NY to become an authorized armorer for their m870,1187 and 700. ill be heading to colt next month and hopefully Sig Sauer soon. ive grown up around firearms but never really knew what i was doing, just kinda had the common sense things and point down range. other then that not much, untill i joined the coast guard. im huge into cars as well. i will post a few pics of what i have and all....

Firearms:
    weatherby 12ga pump wood stock/foreend
    DPMS .223 sportical AR-15
    soon to be a stainless with white gripped 1911.

Cars:

98 jeep grand cherokee lifted on 31s
    92 camaro 4in cowl hood, 350, MSD, slammed onthe ground and convertable.
    possibly soon to be a clean 88 350 tpi vette.

previous:
    78 C10 lowered on 20s and a 454
    75 C10 468 4spd lowered on 20s
    94 camaro 383 6spd
    94 camaro 383 auto
    93 4x4 s10 4.3 5spd lifted on 31s
    96 corsica.... winter beater lol
    93 Geo tracker..... urgh i was young and had money and bought every light you could put on it haha
    88 k5 blazer on 35s
    86 ramcharger on 33s

What brought me to this site, is i looked into a ccw and ffl through MD and it brought me here for some anwsers and i figured i would register. and my old man was talking about instead of trying to find a FFL dealer. just look into becoming my own dealer. i know its gonna be a pain in the ass, but i figure whats the worse thing that happends???? i get told no?

so thats a little about me. any questions comments or concerns please let me know. i just want to come in here to gain some knowledge and hopefully share any knowledge i have

some shooting with at the range

IMG_2567.jpg

any chivers??

IMAG0383.jpg

my jeep
    IMAG0316.jpg

my AR the day i bought it, i plan on going a sand color quad rail, sand stock and grip and a nice little scope

AR.jpg

my camaro and jeep

IMAG0398.jpg

trashing my first jeep
    flooded.jpg

getting stuck when stationed in michigan

IMGP0002.jpg

my baby

CIMG0095.jpg

and again

SSPX1479.jpg

thankyou for the website

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Welcome to the site from a fellow gun and Camaro guy! MDS is treasure trove of information and helpful people. Besides all the gun info, we also have a massive thread for car guys. Unfortunately it hides in a super secret section of the site.

Micktaco

May 2, 2009
    Walkersville
    Welcome, is the CG putting you through those classes? I think its a sweet deal if so. Nice rigs, I bet your camero sounds almost as badass as she looks.

the CG just paid me to go to remington, gonna pay for me to go to colt next month, and a school ran by CG members to become a range safety officer and hopefully heading to a sig school so yea they hook us up and its mainly the unit im at, im at boot camp, i teach all the recruits how to shoot.

my best is a 149 out of 150.

12rds 12 minutes with a mag change at 25 yrds
    6rds 24sec 25 yrds
    6rds 24sec 25 yrds
    6rds 12sec 15 yrds

total of 30 rounds highest possible school 150. i missed a perfect target by maybe 1/4 inch lol. ill post pics the end of the weekend when i get back home. the last 5-6 times shooting ive shot about 145 everytime.

the video is kinda crappy but this was the 2nd time she started on her own with the key and fired up amazing

http://s278.photobucket.com/albums/kk84/1slo_camaro/?action=view&current=2012-10-03180714.mp4

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Welcome aboard shipmate! I was Delta 147 then an SA/SN aboard USCGC Red Birch 1995-1996. 1997-2000 I was an ET3 on Cape Cod. I rather suspect that Tracen Cape May is a bit more... sophisticated than it was when I was there.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Welcome. In the picture of the camaro in front of the brick building, what's the red stuff splattered above the window?

Bryan

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Welcome to the show. Are you stationed in md now I assume!? Just curious as I have a brother and a brother in law that are USCG and both happen to be there at the same time currently.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Welcome to the show. Are you stationed in md now I assume!? Just curious as I have a brother and a brother in law that are USCG and both happen to be there at the same time currently.

the CG just paid me to go to remington, gonna pay for me to go to colt next month, and a school ran by CG members to become a range safety officer and hopefully heading to a sig school so yea they hook us up and its mainly the unit im at, im at boot camp, i teach all the recruits how to shoot.

Probably at Cape May

Welcome aboard shipmate! I was Delta 147 then an SA/SN aboard USCGC Red Birch 1995-1996. 1997-2000 I was an ET3 on Cape Cod. I rather suspect that Tracen Cape May is a bit more... sophisticated than it was when I was there.

sophisticated...... idk about that man.... i cant say how i truely feel about Tracen Cape May..... illl put it this way. they are TESTING a new theory with one kid in F-187 an Ipad instead of the paper PQS' and thinking about handing an Ipad to all recruits to replace the expensive papers

Welcome. In the picture of the camaro in front of the brick building, what's the red stuff splattered above the window?

Bryan

one could only guess...... lol it was in michigan but clear across the state from detroit....

THanks for the welcomes guys. good warm and fuzzy from this site already lol...

and ive been doing a lot of ready on the MD 2a stuff and the MSI

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    sophisticated...... idk about that man.... i cant say how i truely feel about Tracen Cape May..... illl put it this way. they are TESTING a new theory with one kid in F-187 an Ipad instead of the paper PQS' and thinking about handing an Ipad to all recruits to replace the expensive papers

That's kind of hard to carry in your sock...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    tyreseveronica

Latest threads

Top Bottom