• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    That minor blemish right there should be a deal breaker. Is he local?

I would have to say at $250 it's already been discount priced for a "minor" stock blemish.

The factory bent bolt M38 rifles bring a little more $.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    I would have to say at $250 it's already been discount priced for a "minor" stock blemish.

I think he was suggesting that that the OP pass on the deal so that he could scoop it up. In a good natured non-serious way of course, that I cannot identify with.

BlueFin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 3, 2007
    Montgomery Village
    I think he was suggesting that that the OP pass on the deal so that he could scoop it up. In a good natured non-serious way of course, that I cannot identify with.

My wife was pulling me out the door and did not get a chance to put a smiley. Sent OP a PM. I might be interested if I he change his mind:D

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    this is the tag i was referring to. looks like some ballistic info, partially removed by the previous owner...

Attachments

• tag.jpg
      tag.jpg
      21.5 KB · Views: 143

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    many swedish mausers were later surplused out to target shooting clubs and such.

thats usually where those tags originate from.

normally id suggest keeping it, but that one is already all tore up so id remove it.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    View attachment 26786
    I think I have a spare Swedish Mauser sling if you need it. $5

thanks. i'd like one. this rifle didn't come with the sling.

i came across a 1943 Husky today that was sporterized. the owner modified the follower (filed down the trailing edge) so the bolt will close when the mag is empty. he also cut out part of the stock for a cheek rest...that didn't look so good. otherwise, had all matching parts and was in good shape. price was $350.
    I like my original better....:)

Attachments

• husky right side.jpg
      husky right side.jpg
      11.2 KB · Views: 131
    • husky bolt.jpg
      husky bolt.jpg
      13 KB · Views: 128
    • husky top.jpg
      husky top.jpg
      21.2 KB · Views: 133

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    Does anyone have any experience with the commercially available ammo (found some Fiocchi, Partizan, and Remington)?

I've had excellent results from every commercial 139/140 gr ammo I've found. Every brand shot well. Fed, Win, Rem, Fiocchi, Norma. The 139 gr Norma I had shot the best of all, but at that time (early 90s) it was also $2.50/round.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I've had excellent results from every commercial 139/140 gr ammo I've found. Every brand shot well. Fed, Win, Rem, Fiocchi, Norma. The 139 gr Norma I had shot the best of all, but at that time (early 90s) it was also $2.50/round.

About that time I stocked up on a lifetime supply of Norma 139 gr PPC at $14.00 per box. A distibutor was closing out their Norma ammo line. Still have about ten cases left as that should keep me in venison and/or other larger meat for the rest of my life :D

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    About that time I stocked up on a lifetime supply of Norma 139 gr PPC at $14.00 per box. A distibutor was closing out their Norma ammo line. Still have about ten cases left as that should keep me in venison and/or other larger meat for the rest of my life :D

It's not Norma but new production 139 gr soft point ammo is only $13.50 per box now :shrug: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP6555SP

SAMCO still has original Swedish surplus 200 rd battle packs for $73.80 for plinking/target shooting. http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-swedish.html

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Short answer : Buy it .
    #1 shooting/ handloading partner has one he purchased from mutual ( his coworker, I occasional correspond) . My friend went to a taller front sight as he wanted 100yd zero capability, origional sight can be replaced if desired.

Days of pentiful cheap ammo are gone. But it is a great ctg to handload, with excellent performance & modest recoil. If I weren't as sold on 7x57 for same purpose, I'd be kicking myself for not having one.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    It's not Norma but new production 139 gr soft point ammo is only $13.50 per box now :shrug: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=AP6555SP

SAMCO still has original Swedish surplus 200 rd battle packs for $73.80 for plinking/target shooting. http://www.samcoglobal.com/Ammo-swedish.html

The prvi partizan isn't bad at all but it doesn't have the SUPER penetrating capabilities of the Norma 139 PPC. I would use that Norma factory load on large (deer are medium size game to me) game such as western bull elk, moose, and boo out to 300+ yards with the confidence of a one shot kill with a well placed shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom