• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Baldheaded

Ultimate Member
    Jan 18, 2021
    A.A. Co.
    Does anyone know if Walmart is planning to start stocking ammo again? I am hoping they will at least start stocking 22lr again.

kaliroger

Jul 20, 2018
    Frederick County, MD
    I walk in every time I am near one, and occasionally I get lucky and get two boxes of whatever 22 LR they have, they also usually will have some shotgun ammo as well. Good thing with Walmart is that they have not jacked up the prices, which is very odd and leads me to think that everyone else that does have ammo and is charging high prices is scalping us!(

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's come up before about a year ago in the early stages of the current panic .

The huge big box stores have multi year fixed contracts .So they're recieving the pre scheduled deliveries at the pre set costs , at least until expiration of previous contracts .

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I walk in every time I am near one, and occasionally I get lucky and get two boxes of whatever 22 LR they have, they also usually will have some shotgun ammo as well. Good thing with Walmart is that they have not jacked up the prices, which is very odd and leads me to think that everyone else that does have ammo and is charging high prices is scalping us!(

Yes, to a degree. But the manufacturers have had 1-2 price increases (depending on the manufacturer) largely to do labor cost increases (lots of over time shifts to keep up) and raw materials cost increases. So manufacturer prices are generally up between 20-40% depending on the ammo in question.

Many retailers are of course at or above those markups from 2 years ago, but those prices are generally coming down. A place like Walmart where ammo is like .005% of their revenue can easily take a hit for selling at or below cost. A place where it might be 1-5% of revenue and had a hard time getting supply might need some markup to retain profitability. A place that might have 20-100% of their revenue being ammo sales related and where supply has been hit or miss for them might need significant markups to retain profitability.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I thought they quit selling it after some mass shooting or something? Pistol and .223 that is.

DeerbybowDena

Jul 27, 2021
    MD
    Walmart has had 22 in 333 rd federal and 325 winchester. 18.73 now per box. Was in on Sat , they each rcvd 12 boxes each at pasadena and severna park.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Walmart in Shrewsbury had 100 rd boxes of 20 gauge and a couple random boxes of 12 birdshot and CCI .22 today around 4pm. Haven’t seen much in there since last year

MEGARMS

KnowNothing
    Jun 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    You mean like this?

Attachments

• IMG_3803.jpg
      IMG_3803.jpg
      95.4 KB · Views: 280

johnsopi

Feb 8, 2018
    Pick up 3 boxes of 30-30 at the Elkton Walmart for $20 a box core-lokT 150gr.
    They had 30-06 in stock. That was 8/1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom