• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rfjtoys

Mar 9, 2011
    Trimmer was received as a gift and squirrelled away for several years. Now decided to put it to use and have run into a problem. I see no way to capture the collets. The Collet Holder Assembly has nothing in it to capture (thread into) the collet. The body of the collet holder below the threads is an empty tube. What am I missing here? Was holding on RCBS's customer service line for over an hour and gave up. HELP - Frustrated and Confused.

rfjtoys

Mar 9, 2011
    Viper - thanks for trying to help. That video show exactly how my trimmer is SUPPOSED to work. Problem is my "T" handle will not thread into the back of the collet to hold the cartridge. I actually suspect my trimmer was shipped with a part missing from the "T" handle assembly and until I can see or hear about how that part is constructed my problem will remain a problem.

rfjtoys

Mar 9, 2011
    That "T" handle was for an earlier version marketed as RCBS Rotary Case Trimmer. Mine is RCBS Rotary Case Trimmer 2 and yes the handle is different. That earlier handle had a threaded part as you can see that engaged the collet to tighten it around the cartridge head. Mine has no such thread to pull the collet to capture the cartridge which makes me suspect I have a bad part. As I mentioned in the initial post the trimmer was a gift but it looked to have never been used. If I can ever get in contact with RCBS surely they can set me straight. Thanks again for trying to help. Rick J.

paperwork351

no error code for stupid
    Mar 7, 2008
    Gaithersburg
    I have the rcbs case trimmer 2. I remove the T-handle and slip the collet in the barrel. It takes a lot of force to crank it tight in the unit barrel housing. Oil the T-barrel thread might make it easier.
    Screw the trim unit to the bench or accessory plate because of the amount of torque involved.

upgrade conversion
    https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/search?SearchTerm=rcbs+shell+holder+conversion
    needs separate case holders. A lot faster

Last edited:

IronDuck

MDS Supporter
    Jan 11, 2021
    Frederick ish MD
    So not exactly follow on this string but.. What type of primer(s) does the group suggest for a 223 AR reload? Same for powder, used with auto drum powder drop?

thanks

rfjtoys

Mar 9, 2011
    paperwork351 - I finally get it and thank you! Can't believe I couldn't figure that out. At 78 apparently I'm losing brain cells faster than I thought. In my defense the directions for the setup were useless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom