• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    Let me preface this post with my excitement and anxiousness.

I followed up with the Mayland State Police yesterday regarding my Wear and Carry Permit. They let me know it was approved and mailed out on Monday of this week 9/24.

My residence is in the same zip code as the Licensing Division. However, it has not yet arrived. USPS timeframe for an envelope in the same zip code should be 3 days at most?

Does the permit ship from the Licensing Division or is it processed by another company? Does the envelope return address show "Maryland State Police" like it does for the HQL or is it sent out from a third party card printing service?

As mentioned earlier, very excited and cannot wait to have the coveted card in hand. :)

2112rws

Jan 18, 2013
    Just got the envelope with the paperwork and my renewal W&C permit with the typical while working as .... restrictions (from me mailing in renewal to receiving renewal permit took 6 1/2 weeks). The cover letter states permit may be "revoked" if the holder violates etc.... It doesn't mention arrest for violations? I thought the 2013 law changed "revoked" to "arrest"? Am I missing something?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just got the envelope with the paperwork and my renewal W&C permit with the typical while working as .... restrictions (from me mailing in renewal to receiving renewal permit took 6 1/2 weeks). The cover letter states permit may be "revoked" if the holder violates etc.... It doesn't mention arrest for violations? I thought the 2013 law changed "revoked" to "arrest"? Am I missing something?

Nope. Just because it's not on the paper that came with your permit doesn't mean it won't happen.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    Let me preface this post with my excitement and anxiousness.

I followed up with the Mayland State Police yesterday regarding my Wear and Carry Permit. They let me know it was approved and mailed out on Monday of this week 9/24.

My residence is in the same zip code as the Licensing Division. However, it has not yet arrived. USPS timeframe for an envelope in the same zip code should be 3 days at most?

Does the permit ship from the Licensing Division or is it processed by another company? Does the envelope return address show "Maryland State Police" like it does for the HQL or is it sent out from a third party card printing service?

As mentioned earlier, very excited and cannot wait to have the coveted card in hand. :)
    I've had stuff go through Baltimore that was mailed to me in Crofton from Davidsonville. Davidsonville is s about 5 miles away.

sb22

-
    Apr 9, 2018
    Finally got my permit this week. Opening that letter from MSP and watching that coveted card fall out onto my desk can only be described with one word: MIRACLE

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom