• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Medshot

Jul 24, 2013
    Great article - really underlines how screwed up our district lines are. The fact that the general response is "We'll change it when the Republicans change other states" emphasizes the 5 year-old mentality so many have. Gerrymandering is wrong and unconstitutional, regardless of which party it favors. But acknowledging a problem and then saying that nothing will be done about it because others do it as well should be tantamount to political suicide...unfortunately, it's not. Who cares what the people in the state want? :sad20:

...though I don't understand why we shouldn't be supporting MSI.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Reading the comments in that article made my brain bleed...

So ridicilous.

Check out the guy (gal?) from CA, a democrat moved here who likes Hogan more and more. That's saying something.

I also like how people downplay his popularity because they think he won as the "lessor of two evils".

I disagree there.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So ridicilous.

Check out the guy (gal?) from CA, a democrat moved here who likes Hogan more and more. That's saying something.

I also like how people downplay his popularity because they think he won as the "lessor of two evils".

I disagree there.

I love how they are worried about what other states are doing instead of using the opportunity to be the bigger men (for lack of a better term) and lead the way in eliminating gerrymandering. They love calling out the Repubs, yet can never see they aren't doing things any better or reasonable.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Children.

"They're doing it, so,..... I'm going to until he stops!" We have zero REAL leadership at almost any level of our Government. I know of very few.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    So every one is complaining because he is trying to fix it in the only state he has control over? And not every other state?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    The way this state's districts are set up is racist and discriminatory. The left knows this and has mostly event stopped trying to defend what they can't so have no made it someone else's "problem" till that other state also does something. No matter that md is recognized as one of the worse states in the nation for their gerrymandering and treatment of voters.

Cowardly, but I expect that from the left. Amazing lack of leadership on their part also, but again, no surprise there.

Edited to add, yes I also support both (donated more to MSI today and to see someone special shave his head). Lots must be done to push back the tide here, on several fronts.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    I support both.

As for "the referendum was sabotaged" people, you need only look at all the other referendums and CA to know what an epic fail this would have been.

The Democrats could get a referendum passed in this state to kill babies, to save the children. Logic is not a barrier.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    “There can be no possible excuse for keeping this bill hidden in a drawer and simply ignoring the will of nearly every person in Maryland,” Hogan said at a news conference this week.

Great slogan for a sign campaign in front of M&M's offices this Summer. During Rush Hour.

aquaman

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2008
    Belcamp, MD
    I support both.

As for "the referendum was sabotaged" people, you need only look at all the other referendums and CA to know what an epic fail this would have been.

The Democrats could get a referendum passed in this state to kill babies, to save the children. Logic is not a barrier.

California got a referendum passed to ban gay marriage as recently as 2008. MSI's own polling pre FSA 2013 said 84% were against it. If I recall it was Susquehanna polling and research.

Not to mention MD has a Republican governor that nearly everyone said would lose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom