• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    In general, one would expect Fed workers and contractors involved with the military and defense to generally have a different attitude and worldview about 2A than the vast numbers of regulatory bureaucrats and those who feed off of them in the DC metro area and elsewhere.

Of course, Obama has done as much as he can to demilitarize and demoralize the military, so that's changed somewhat.

I can tell you from experience in defense contracting that there is a definite split where I am. I estimate there are way more raving liberal union workers, mostly anti2A, then conservatives. There probably is more gun owners then the general population, both hunters and for personal protection. I figure that in general there are more retired military gun owners to raise the average.
    The union members only care about keeping their jobs and benefits, and much less about constitutional issues.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I can tell you from experience in defense contracting that there is a definite split where I am. I estimate there are way more raving liberal union workers, mostly anti2A, then conservatives. There probably is more gun owners then the general population, both hunters and for personal protection. I figure that in general there are more retired military gun owners to raise the average.
    The union members only care about keeping their jobs and benefits, and much less about constitutional issues.[/QUOTE]

The only unions that are thriving in the US these days are government worker unions.

It's dangerous to allow government workers unions, in part because:
    1. government supposedly provides necessary services (haha) that we can't do without, giving them undue leverage;
    2. it's a monopoly of those services; and
    3. there's no real arms-length bargaining for contracts and benefits.

Plus, as you point out, upholding the United States Constitution isn't among the government workers' unions' priorities. Getting more jobs, pay, and benefits for government union workers is, and by definition that costs money and reduces freedoms for everybody else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom