• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • acwatkins

Aug 29, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Despite the warm weather i decided to go out today for an evening hunt. Sat from about 2-6. Today, at a around 5 i decided to take my phone out of my bag and turn it on, checked a quick text and looked up. What do ya know?! A wall hanger buck had walked right in front of me and passed me by at 30 yards and was now quartered away from me at 60+. If i wasn't on my phone i would've been able to drill him with my xbow broadside. Needless to say i am furious at myself :mad54: I have a new personal hunting rule, NO PHONES ALLOWED WHILE HUNTING, NEVER. Hopefully, ill have a chance at him again.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    They are sneaky little bastages and they appear out of thin air most of the time.

I commend you for imposing a new rule on yourself.

We all get lax from time to time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Despite the warm weather i decided to go out today for an evening hunt. Sat from about 2-6. Today, at a around 5 i decided to take my phone out of my bag and turn it on, checked a quick text and looked up. What do ya know?! A wall hanger buck had walked right in front of me and passed me by at 30 yards and was now quartered away from me at 60+. If i wasn't on my phone i would've been able to drill him with my xbow broadside. Needless to say i am furious at myself :mad54: I have a new personal hunting rule, NO PHONES ALLOWED WHILE HUNTING, NEVER. Hopefully, ill have a chance at him again.

They don't often offer second chances.:sad20:

swimtb

Jul 17, 2013
    crofton area
    I had 2 doe's cross the field and head right at one of the kids in the stand across from me. After not hearing a shot I sent him a text as to why no shot. He said he was on his phone and didn't see them.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had 2 doe's cross the field and head right at one of the kids in the stand across from me. After not hearing a shot I sent him a text as to why no shot. He said he was on his phone and didn't see them.

Wah-wah-waaaaaaah :sad20:

BearArms

Sep 25, 2013
    Upper Marlboro
    Same thing happened to my buddies when we were out for PA rifle season. One checked his Fitbit for time by shaking his wrist and spooked two does, one took out his phone and scared off a buck.

My personal rule is normally to wear my black UA glove liners. I feel like my pasty complexion tends to spook more deer if my hands move at all, and with the liners on that amount of spookiness goes down A LOT.

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Good Luck

next time.

Chalk it up to lesson learned.

How can they be so quite. It's those hooves I tell ya.

Nothing-There-Gone.

Had a spike come up Friday afternoon from behind. Thought it was a squirrel messing with the leaves. Five minutes later a twig snaps, Ummmm, That sounds like a big damn squirrel. Looking over my shoulder but what do I spy? A nice spike but, woe is me, I need a doe. I shoo the young boy and watch him run.
    I will be back out this week looking for his girl friends.

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    We use our phones to communicate by text in the woods. Usually 4-5 of us in at a time. Phones on silent and look up alot.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The only two allowable movements while deer hunting are breathing and blinking.

Any other movement and you're just asking to home empty handed.

Discipline, more than anything else, brings down Bambi.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    When I was in MD I had my phone in the tree stand only once did a buck sneak up on me...it was still out of bow range but at least I got to see it. The other times I could hear the deer way off rustling through the leaves..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom