• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just wondering if this rule change is still slated to go into effect in December of this year. As I understand it, if this rule does go into effect, then most of the benefits of an NFA trust are out the window.

This might end up lighting a fire under my rear to get my trust done ASAP and then my SBR Form 1 forms completed and paid for.

jmike1487

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2013
    Baltimore County
    Oh man. What would you guys do with limited funds? 2sbr lowers? Or a sbr lower and silencer? I just paid for my trust the other day and still waiting for paper work in the mail. I need to get these on fast

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    SBR lowers are fairly cheap. $100 or less for the lower, $200 for the tax stamp.

Cans are more, as you have to pay for the can ($300 or so for rimfire, more for centerfire).

I would at least do one SBR lower and one can. Then decide what next depending on funds.

dontpanic

Ultimate Member
    Jul 7, 2013
    Timonium
    can you use lowers you already have in the safe? pe or post 10 -2013, does it matter?

You can use whatever lower youcwant. Some folks see it as a waste of a preban lower.

I like the idea of having a lower that I can put any upper on. As long as I maintain 29" OAL on the SBR.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    You can use whatever lower youcwant. Some folks see it as a waste of a preban lower.

I like the idea of having a lower that I can put any upper on. As long as I maintain 29" OAL on the SBR.

thanks. I have some post ban lowers laying around also.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Oh man. What would you guys do with limited funds? 2sbr lowers? Or a sbr lower and silencer? I just paid for my trust the other day and still waiting for paper work in the mail. I need to get these on fast
    Get a can, you won't regret it...

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I just got my trust and started waiting on two cans. Im glad I read this post. I need to get a few sbr lowers in the works :D

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    Yeah, time to get a trust.

Been meaning to forever, but haven't gotten around to it. How likely do we think this actually is to take effect?

rtruhn

Sep 12, 2013
    Gwynn Oak
    I don't know what 1/00/2016 means. And would we have a 60-day period before effective date, as is usually the case with final-rule regulations? I own three firearms I would like to SBR and at least two others I'd buy.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    If the trust system did not exist, I doubt MSP would do CLEO sign-offs right now.

I've only researched truats. Never looked into the traditional route for nfa. How can the CLEO refuse to sign off? Thay would be a de facto ban on nfa in a particular area :shrug:
    Can't see how that's legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom