• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    As the title says...

Came across one of these today in satin stainless. Looks like it has some holster wear but otherwise looks pretty solid. LGS asking $595. Any thoughts?
    Sorry, wish I had more info or some pics but figured some 1911 enthusiasts would have some opinions...

ted76

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 20, 2013
    Frederick
    As the title says...

Came across one of these today in satin stainless. Looks like it has some holster wear but otherwise looks pretty solid. LGS asking $595. Any thoughts?
    Sorry, wish I had more info or some pics but figured some 1911 enthusiasts would have some opinions...

That's not a bad price the frame may be Aluminum Alloy. I really like mine with a SS slide and Alloy frame.

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    if you have not shot an aluminum framed 1911, think twice. They shoot more like a 40 than a 1911. The only 1911 I've ever sold was a lightweight. Just not anywhere near as fun as the steel models.

Of course if it is steel frame move quickly.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    if you have not shot an aluminum framed 1911, think twice. They shoot more like a 40 than a 1911. The only 1911 I've ever sold was a lightweight. Just not anywhere near as fun as the steel models.

Of course if it is steel frame move quickly.

Lightweight if the owner can carry :thumbsup:

Drmsparks

Old School Rifleman
    Jun 26, 2007
    PG county
    Lightweight if the owner can carry :thumbsup:

I may be preaching to the choir but I do not believe in carry pistols that you do not enjoy shooting or cannot shoot well. I'd rather put up with the extra few ounces of the steel frame then flinch and pull a shot when it really matters.....

Some people have no problems with the lightweight frames, I'm just not one of them....

Oh, and one more thing....The colt mini-magazines for these are temperamental as heck. I ended up replacing the springs on most of them (6/8) before I could get them to run reliably, and those were all brand new colt factory mags.

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Here are a few pictures of the gun in question. Definitely steel. Some scuff marks but nothing that's a problem. The bore is in pretty good shape as is the bolt face. Looks like someone polished the feed ramp. After some haggling, OTD price was $595, including taxes and shipping to my closer FFL (not interested in driving 2h to pick it back up after completing firearm purgatory).

Attachments

• Colt - left.jpg
      Colt - left.jpg
      60.4 KB · Views: 206
    • Colt - right.jpg
      Colt - right.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 203

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    Yeah...needs some cosmetic work. SN puts it from 1988. If it shoots well, great. If not, then it will become a trader for something else. Either way, thought it was a decent enough deal. Always wanted one back then but couldn't afford it. It will make a good partner to my first pistol...a 1917 Colt 1911...

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Looks like it had 50 grit used to polish it.

Yeah...needs some cosmetic work. SN puts it from 1988. If it shoots well, great. If not, then it will become a trader for something else. Either way, thought it was a decent enough deal. Always wanted one back then but couldn't afford it. It will make a good partner to my first pistol...a 1917 Colt 1911...

That's a bad idiot mark.

Just maybe that is why the price was what it was. But... some Flitz and some elbow grease, judiciously applied, can probably bring it back to what it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom