• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    Here is a good portion of what was available for powder. $35. I know someone around here needed Bullseye, but not sure who, so I didn't buy it. There is a pound of that not in the picture.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
      photo.jpg
      110.4 KB · Views: 220

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    Someone should post a couple pics of the show.

Didn't make it yesterday and sadly I have too many other things to do today. I did hit the Manassas show yesterday and didn't get out of there until after 1pm. Someone had a Sako I was really interested in but decided to hold off and instead bought the Mrs a nice O/U for Xmas from a guy here near Baltimore last night.

I will definitely be at the Annapolis show!

cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    ...An older gentleman in the far corner was tryin' to tell another he can't do that because even though AR-10's aren't banned, they're still regulated because "ALL assault rifles were and still ARE regulated".:banghead:

When I hear folks spouting off this kind of BS at gun shows I usually walk walk away and return after the moron has left. I like to think the best of people, but I've found through the years that it is best to ignore folks like this and not try to engage them in a fruitless discussion.

Billy Bones

Flagoneer
    Mar 27, 2012
    Grasonville, Md
    However, the prices range from high to bordering on the absurd.

I agree. Went yesterday and found that prices on firearms (rifles) were $100-200 more than online and box store sales, and handguns were priced out of reach.

Lots of older shotguns, targets, cleaning supplies, and cheap optics. It was a rainy Saturday and a good way to burn a couple of hours.

AC MkIII

Feb 18, 2011
    Calvert
    I agree. Went yesterday and found that prices on firearms (rifles) were $100-200 more than online and box store sales, and handguns were priced out of reach.

Lots of older shotguns, targets, cleaning supplies, and cheap optics. It was a rainy Saturday and a good way to burn a couple of hours.

This is what kills me when I go to Maryland shows. If they would or could set their prices to at least match the going prices I would buy some guns at the shows. I don't go for buying firearms at gun shows, I go for everything else.
    Is this the result of the high cost of running a business in Maryland?
    I want to support local business but when they can't even get close something had got to be wrong.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    This is what kills me when I go to Maryland shows. If they would or could set their prices to at least match the going prices I would buy some guns at the shows. I don't go for buying firearms at gun shows, I go for everything else.
    Is this the result of the high cost of running a business in Maryland?
    I want to support local business but when they can't even get close something had got to be wrong.

this has been discussed before. its the cost of doing shows.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    What does that mean?

overhead... the cost of tables. transportation, fuel, paying help.
    some dealers will stay at their shops, knowing they will make more and not have the hassle of packing up, time, etc...

Jack5j

Nov 29, 2013
    Kent Island
    Yeah, that was them.

One of 'em did have a nice Russky SKS.

The table in front of them had 2 fine Garands, one of which with a 6-digit serial number.:D

I got a nice Kershaw knife from the guy next to the Garand. That was a nice gun. Picked up a BCG and buffer kit for an AR upper I jumped across the bridge to get. Got her built when I got home. A good day!

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    overhead... the cost of tables. transportation, fuel, paying help.
    some dealers will stay at their shops, knowing they will make more and not have the hassle of packing up, time, etc...

I do understand the CODB and I am willing to pay a little extra for convenience and help the smaller dealers. I would really like to buy some stuff there and support the local guys but buying stuff like like Iron sights for my ARs...... well the prices are almost twice as much as place like Amazon. But even given the higher prices I do try to pick up a few things like an extra mag or whatever to help spread the wealth.

Questions: If you were going to buy a rifle in .308 what would you buy? Ruger, Sako, Rem, Winch., black rifle.....?

Oh, if anyone see a good deal on a Ceasar Guerini 12ga please let me know

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD
    My next .308 will be an Armalite AR-10.

Are you talking about the AR-30A1? I have been looking at that for a while now. Almost clicked buy a couple times. $3k+is kinda expensive though. I've been looking at that but in .338 Lapua. Love to get it but not many places around that can accommodate that distance. If I can play with it a lot it's be great, otherwise just a bunch of money spent on something to take up room in the safe. *sigh*

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    ironpony, great to chat with you in the aisle yesterday. Yes, 300BLK is my next caliber and I look forward to visiting your backyard range for some pew-pew-pew...

Feb 28, 2013
    Are you talking about the AR-30A1? I have been looking at that for a while now. Almost clicked buy a couple times. $3k+is kinda expensive though. I've been looking at that but in .338 Lapua. Love to get it but not many places around that can accommodate that distance. If I can play with it a lot it's be great, otherwise just a bunch of money spent on something to take up room in the safe. *sigh*

Negatory.

http://www.armalite.com/ItemForm.as...Category=4052a69e-f815-4c59-a4dd-6466fd4c4ab8

I hate the flat top look though. I'd have to change that.

bruppert

Dec 4, 2012
    Baltimore, MD

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom