• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    When I first got into Mosins, one of the hot marks to find on your Mosin receiver was the /1\ DDR. Then Classic flooded the market with $99 Mosins that had these marks all over them. From what I heard, people began to speculate that it was just a refurb mark. So what's the Maryland Shooters consensus? Does it mean DDR? Does the /1\ add value? I ask because I got an M44 laminate with the /1\ mark, and for the first time I wasn't excited to see it.:shrug:

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      66.8 KB · Views: 564

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    I still haven't been convinced either way, but it's starting to look more and more like a refurb mark. What you said about the market being flooded is important though. Even if it is a DDR mark, there are enough of them available now that it's not as exciting to get one.

yellowsled

Retired C&R Addict
    Jun 22, 2009
    Palm Beach, Fl
    I still follow the DDR theory fwiw. The triangle 1 is a known mark, and it's not a far reach to know the Russians supplied arms post ww2. I am sure they collected them when they left east Germany.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I still follow the DDR theory fwiw. The triangle 1 is a known mark, and it's not a far reach to know the Russians supplied arms post ww2. I am sure they collected them when they left east Germany.

Fair enough. Do you still think the DDR mark demands a price premium? I remember AIM used to sell DDR marked 91/30s for $200 each. I think they were priced higher than the double date MOs at the time.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Hmmm
    I have a rare circle B mark barrel
    No one can explain that one either
    Sold my /1\ to my dad

iHasCrabs

Ultimate Member
    May 17, 2011
    Blue POint Crab House
    Fair enough. Do you still think the DDR mark demands a price premium? I remember AIM used to sell DDR marked 91/30s for $200 each. I think they were priced higher than the double date MOs at the time.
    Definitely higher the double dated mo marked. I'm pretty sure I paid $150 for a handpicked double dated mo from aim

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    It is my understanding that the /1\ marking is A Russian rifle grading and is not associated with the DDR.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    It is my understanding that the /1\ marking is A Russian rifle grading and is not associated with the DDR.

Hmmm, Not seen a /2\ and the /1\ I had was surely not the best mosin I had. I think I'd want to hear more on this.

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    I've seen many round receiver with the DDR marked seems to be more common, I have seen less hex ones and even fewer pre 28'. Anyone have input on that? Also from my reviews yooper sks stated that mark is indeed DDR...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom