• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    I thought I was done with building M14s, but thanks to the Leprechaun I decided I need two more just to stick it to him and the rest of the Bolsheviks in the general assembly. I didn't need a pair of new rifles until they told me I can't. Hopefully a few more tears will fall on their pillows tonight at the thought of two more evil rifles in the hands of a law abiding citizen.

Behold two Fulton Armory receivers and a few of my CMP M14 parts that were stashed away from about 15 years back. This is only some of the parts. I have rear sights and gas cylinders too, including one full NM rear sight assembly. Figured I might as well put the spare parts to use, since nothing ever breaks on my M14s anyway.

The only parts I need are barrels, and a stock for the rear lugged receiver. I'm going to put a McMillan fiberglass stock on that one, get it bedded, and turn it into an M25 sniper build. The other rifle is going to be an 18" barreled scout set up with a suppressor.

Thanks to Vince at Duffy's for the nice deal on one of the receivers, and Joe at Sure Shot for transferring in the other. I'm trying to spread the love among our IPs. :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      82.8 KB · Views: 388
    Last edited:

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I too bought a Fulton armory received from Vince. This is not a type of rifle I've built before so maybe I can call you for advice when I get all the parts together

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    Looking good! I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing some parts kits last year when CMP still had them. Ah, hindsight....

Bill don't beat yourself up too much. The CMP kits offered last year really weren't that great a deal. You could buy the parts individually for about the same price, and have the added benefit of getting to select each part individually for wear and condition.

It was a different story about 15 years ago when I got my parts from CMP. Bolts, op rods, trigger groups, flash suppressors, complete gas systems, were about $35 to $40 each. That was a screaming good deal. I bought the parts as spares, but don't think I will ever need them. Time to turn a pile of parts that are just laying around into rifles worth at least $2k each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom