• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    I've spent 2-5 business days in Annapolis per year for the last several years - that minimal amount of effort still had me angry, depressed, and ready to pull my hair out at the end of every single visit.

How Pipkin, Smiegel, Jacobs and the others on our side swim against the tide every single day is beyond me.

Good Luck EJ, and thank you.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Please explain why you think it's sad Smigel isn't leaving?

He is one of our strongest and best allies.

Pretty simple, either this person has absolutely no clue about MD politics over the last 10 years (or) they are a common troll. ;)

Big Dog

Dec 16, 2012
    North East
    I am curious to read about whom they will choose to take his place. He is not my Senator (I am in 9A, where Kittleman is gunning for County Exec while Bates is gunning for his 2014 vacancy), but that would be a loss of a booming voice of reason in that "august" body.

I read that Mike Smiegel is the favorite for the job.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Sgt Preston here...

Interesting, looks like the Republican Party is giving up in Merry-Land...

Smart move Pipkin, banging your head against the wall just can't get it done here in the "Land of the Libs"...

Get ready for Round 2 of Gun & Fun Control beginning in January...

If you read http://redmaryland.blogspot.com/ you will find that those in power here (read MD GOP Central Committee) are more concerned with taking care of themselves and their own than solidifying Mickey Mouse to run against Frosh for AG. Oh wait...they rant "blank slate" against Gansler for AG in the last cycle.

The GOP party in MD, as with the National GOP party is dysfunctional, power hungry elites that care not about our country, their constituents, or the mere fact that THEY work for US, and that is that.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    We found O'Mally's troll name.

Really who ?

Please explain why you think it's sad Smigel isn't leaving?

He is one of our strongest and best allies.

he IMHO is egotistical , rude and if the legislators aren't in session he wouldn't give you the time of day
    Sad it wasnt Frosh !

That too

I wonder if our fearless leader we be so kind as to run their IP's. Might be interesting.

Depends on what time of day it was ran could be very interesting :)
    Pretty simple, either this person has absolutely no clue about MD politics over the last 10 years (or) they are a common troll. ;)

Wrong on both accounts but you are free to try again :D
    I read that Mike Smiegel is the favorite for the job.

Should make it easier to take him out in next years elections

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Really who ?

he IMHO is egotistical , rude and if the legislators aren't in session he wouldn't give you the time of day

That too

Depends on what time of day it was ran could be very interesting :)

Wrong on both accounts but you are free to try again :D

Should make it easier to take him out in next years elections

Anthony Brown, is that you?

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    Posted this to EJ's Face Book yesterday:

Just saw your retirement announcement and want to thank you for all you've done for us in the General Assembly.

It was particularly heart warming to watch you tear into SB281.

God speed, Sir!

An MSI member.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I am pretty upset that my Senator is leaving. He is my friend and I will miss him and his wife very much. He is leaving for new opportunities that he laid out today and whilst I was as surprised as anyone, family must come first and I am happy for them.

The other side of this is that Mike Smigiel is, in fact, seeking the Senate appointment and that is good news- as a "gun girl", his friend and yup, as his Chief of Staff. I'll let you know what happens.

Would love to see him on the Senate Judiciary Committee.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Since he's leaving before his term is up, is his replacement appointed by the minority leader? Would Smiegel be able to surrender his spot in the House and move across the street for the 2014 session?

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Since he's leaving before his term is up, is his replacement appointed by the minority leader? Would Smiegel be able to surrender his spot in the House and move across the street for the 2014 session?
    Per http://msa.maryland.gov/msa/mdmanual/07leg/html/gaf.html:
    TERMS
    The term of each senator and delegate is four years from the second Wednesday of January following the date of election (Const., Art. III, sec. 6). No limit is placed on the number of terms a legislator may serve. If a vacancy occurs in either house through death, resignation, or disqualification, the Governor appoints a replacement whose name is submitted by the state central committee of the same political party as the legislator whose seat is to be filled. All persons so appointed serve for the unexpired portion of the term (Const., Art. III, sec. 13)

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    Moving to Texas. Says it all right there...

I'm sorry to see him go.

Maybe he's trying a new tack to solve the problems in Md

Leading by example and leave....and in doing so starve the beast of tax dollars and votes

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom