• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    <rant>
    I called Natchez to tell them not to send me catalogs via USPS.

They told me that if I subsequently place an order, then that will automatically add me back to the mailing list. I told the agent to tell the powers to be that I won't place another order with them since I don't want to have to keep calling them back. He repeated what their system does and gave me a nice "whatever."
    </rant>

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    I don't want anything via USPS that is obviously firearms or hunting related. It's why I have digital editions of American Hunter & American Rifleman. I absolutely *HATE* it that some vendors won't honor a simple request that would actually save them postage & cost for paper catalogs.

I had the same issue at first with Sportsman's Guide. After enough badgering they were finally willing/able to put a flag on my address not to mail catalogs. But they "warned" me that their database gets reconstructed periodically and that I might get back on the list and there was nothing that could be done to stop it. So I don't do business with them anymore.

Other vendors like Brownells can manage to drop you from their mailing list if you ask without a problem.

hdatontodo

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2012
    So. Central Balto Co
    Thanks for the input.

I also called CTD about a recently received catalog. They said my account is already set up for no catalog; however, they printed that one 2 months ago.

I'm ok with Sportsman's Guide catalog at present since they have a variety of items.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    <rant>

They told me that if I subsequently place an order, then that will automatically add me back to the mailing list. I told the agent to tell the powers to be that I won't place another order with them since I don't want to have to keep calling them back. He repeated what their system does and gave me a nice "whatever."
    </rant>

I understand not wanting it sent, but I guess the question really is how much damage is it doing to you by getting it? You can always send it back to them, just write Return to Sender on it and put it back in mail. Most every company had this system in place, if you order from them you have done business with them which means they will send you catalogs in the mail. Cabelas does it to me and I just recycle them.

If you really want to cause them some grief look through the magazine/catalog for a reply envelope from them and then start sending it back. On average a mailer pays about 68cents for a return envelope. I do this to credit card companies all the time, just rip up the solicitation and send it back. If you really want to make a point get the weight of the envelope up over 1ounce and they will be paying over 1dollar for that to be mailed back to them.

Do that a couple times and you will quickly get on their suppression file for all mailings. Just be sure there is address info in the envelope so they know you did it.

peace

Ultimate Member
    Dec 15, 2011
    AACo
    <rant>

</rant>

I don't want anything via USPS that is obviously firearms or hunting related. It's why I have digital editions of American Hunter & American Rifleman. I absolutely *HATE* it that some vendors won't honor a simple request that would actually save them postage & cost for paper catalogs.

I had the same issue at first with Sportsman's Guide. After enough badgering they were finally willing/able to put a flag on my address not to mail catalogs. But they "warned" me that their database gets reconstructed periodically and that I might get back on the list and there was nothing that could be done to stop it. So I don't do business with them anymore.

Other vendors like Brownells can manage to drop you from their mailing list if you ask without a problem.

Thanks for the input.

I also called CTD about a recently received catalog. They said my account is already set up for no catalog; however, they printed that one 2 months ago.

I'm ok with Sportsman's Guide catalog at present since they have a variety of items.

It's nice getting everything mailed to my work.

I am blown away that you are concerned about recieving firearms related catalogs and mail at home yet you undoubtable post to MDShooters from home at some point. IT IS MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER for anyone to know who you are and what you post to MDS then to have an elaborate scheme where someone marks that you recieve gun related mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom