• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Can this law be over turned by a new Gov. in the future? I say never give up!!

No, but if a different General Assembly is elected with new leadership THEY could repeal it. The governor has no authority to make or repeal laws.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    There is no lawsuit in the works yet at the state level re SB281, there are cases in the works at various level in the Federal courts including from MD, there are midterm elections next year with primaries preceding.

We don't throw in the towel, I can tell you that much. Whining is for losers...

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    Of course not. SB281 will be obsoleted sometime in the session of 2015, when HB or SB _______ is passed, which will completely ban semiautos or detachable magazines of any kind - just like California is about to do next month.

Relax....SB281 will only last about 2 years.

I have absolutely no idea which way it will go, but the events of the past week do not look good for anyone associated with the current regime.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    What is known is that the NRA is preparing a case. It's safe to assume that other groups are as well. Don't forget that the mental health requirements may also be targeted legislatively by medical representatives.

Nothing can be filed before the law is in effect though.

Brychan

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2009
    Baltimore
    If, and boys and girls this if a whopper sized if, we could get a 2A friendly majority in Annapolis they could totally rewrite the firearm laws.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    My reasoning is take one step at a time - keep the faith - don't jump ahead - no worries

You can what if to oblivion.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    My reasoning is take one step at a time - keep the faith - don't jump ahead - no worries

You can what if to oblivion.

But but but what if the what ifs are all wrong? :tinfoil:

"Spek u lay shun"... It is the first ingredient in the big pot of panic soup. And rarely does anyone any good. (Except for an occasional arrogant Jackwagon who's only joy is getting to say "I told you so." when they hit one out of 99 right.)

flyingblind

Oct 3, 2012
    Look at how long Wollard took (is taking) this isn't Law and Order. Right not 281 technically isn't in effect so no lawsuit about its impact can be filed. Probably about 10/1 to 10/5 things will pick up on that front, in the mean time, ask your liberal friends how they feel about the IRS, Benghazi, opulent government conferences, cell phone and email tracking, the Baltimore prison issues, the gas tax, the rain tax, the fact that public transport collections are half of what they need to be to break even, the rest they pay for via taxes, the crime rate in Baltimore, etc that way we can change all the big government officials to not quite as big.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    Your jumping the gun sir, the lawsuit will work. Let's. Just donate to the NRA legal site and help them fund this massive lawsuit aswell as other groups in Maryland.

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Of course not. SB281 will be obsoleted sometime in the session of 2015, when HB or SB _______ is passed, which will completely ban semiautos or detachable magazines of any kind - just like California is about to do next month.

Relax....SB281 will only last about 2 years.

Pretty much. Your menu choices are 1- leave 2-submit 3- start shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jlng1984

Latest threads

Top Bottom