• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lex Armarum

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2009
    Got mine. And friends now have theirs, one bought two of these knives.

First observation, there is no s30v marking, was mentioned before, not terribly surprised.

Secondly really impressed with the sharpness of the blade and overall impression of the knife and the sheath, much nicer than I expected for $30. The blade easily shaved hair on my arm.

Lastly for now, I ran a magnet (Nd2Fe14B) and discovered the metal only runs a little over half of the length of the handle.

Not too much of a concern, yet.

So you can't use it as a pry bar or an axe. Here, let me help:

http://www.harborfreight.com/24-gooseneck-wrecking-bar-69035.html

http://www.harborfreight.com/35-lb-double-bit-michigan-fiberglass-axe-96044.html

lol

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    smarty ;)

Actually the blade is fairly thick and might do a modest job of both. I'll probably never pry nor chop with it, but I suspect it would hold up under some improvised use.

After playing with it, the handle is a bit slippery. And the case is only a little better than the el' cheapo nylon from walmart generic knives. But the actual blade itself seems worth the money. This knife is a direct competitor to the Mora or Cold Steel Pendleton lite knife; but the Gerber s30v has better steel, and is about $10 more.

Last edited:

Pkf655

Dec 16, 2012
    its a good knife for the price I am sure there are a lot better knives out there but they will also cost you a lot more. I bought 1 was happy with it so I bought another 1.

Last edited:

BFMIN

Ultimate Member
    Nov 5, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Go to the Frederick gunshow. There are several tables selling a very similar Chinese product, but with a full length tang for $20.00!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom