• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The flat key-shaped tool adjusts elevation only; the bulkier C-clamp style tool does both elevation and windage.

You can carry the smaller one comfortably in a pocket, not so much with the big C-clamp.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Laymans gun shop in East prospect, PA has the 30rd Tapcos, or if he is out he can order one for you. No companies will ship 20+rd mags to MD, and it is not legal to buy/sell/make them there, but it is legal to possess them, and if you buy out of state, then you can bring them back and be OK.

NittanyLion

Jul 15, 2008
    Rockville
    you can ship them to MD you just cant buy them IN md or transfer them from owner to owner. But some places are weird about the translation of this law so tapco, midway and cheaper than dirt dont ship to MD...
    aaah, got it. Ok. I thought that buying something and shipping it to MD was considered "buying it in MD" even though it might have been coming from an out of state mail order. Screwy laws.....

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    well then thats cool, i figured if you were in md making the purchase via internet it was considered "buying them in maryland"

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    I'm buying it from my address in VA ;) Just ordered the Tapco 30 round, Hungarian 30 round and the Tapco Galil rail kit from www.copesdistributing.net

They also have Golden Tiger ammo for $3.99 for a 20 round box. Anyone know if that's a good price?

I'm also waiting for the DPH Arm's top rail w/ the quick release clamp to be released. I don't think the ak I got has the side rail mount so I either have to find an armsmith to install one for me, or get a top rail.

simplegreen

Professional Nerd
    Laymans gun shop in East prospect, PA has the 30rd Tapcos, or if he is out he can order one for you. No companies will ship 20+rd mags to MD, and it is not legal to buy/sell/make them there, but it is legal to possess them, and if you buy out of state, then you can bring them back and be OK.

wait let me get this right, NO companies ship 30 round mags to anywhere in MD? I didnt think this was the case, i thought it was specific counties in MD. I could have sworn some of the sites i've come across would ship to MD.

Dizzy which rail kit did you order? Link?

Dizzy

Jul 21, 2008
    MD
    Tapco Galil Style Rail Guard Set
    http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=b888c1a6-75b3-4a32-af71-919f8d8bd3a0

It looks like this when installed:
    http://www.tapco.com/proddesc.aspx?Id=43f65bba-dd89-4113-98fb-74b210e8625d

I purchased it here:
    http://www.copesdistributing.net/product_info.php?products_id=471

I only bought it from Copes because they had the Tapco and the hungarian mag available. Tapco's site sells it for $1 more, but shipping might be cheaper if the rail set is the only thing you're buying.

I haven't decided if I'm going to install all 3 pieces or just the bottom piece yet.
    A buddy of mine has a spare Grip Pod that's in desert color that he might give me so I might take him up on the offer.
    http://www.botachtactical.com/grippodgps02.html

Tapco wouldn't send it to MD. I don't know if Copes would or wouldn't, but just in case, I used my VA address to make sure I get it.

slayr15

Avtomat Klashnikov Member
    no need to buy a ak sight tool make one for about 5 bux . all you need is a small c-clamp from lowes or home depo and a 9/16 socket.

Attachments

• SANY0073.JPG
      SANY0073.JPG
      45.5 KB · Views: 92
    • SANY0072.JPG
      SANY0072.JPG
      52.4 KB · Views: 99

FIREHAWK

SPEAK ENGLISH
    Oct 3, 2008
    TOWSON
    wait let me get this right, NO companies ship 30 round mags to anywhere in MD? I didnt think this was the case, i thought it was specific counties in MD. I could have sworn some of the sites i've come across would ship to MD.

Dizzy which rail kit did you order? Link?

it has nothing to do with counties. i was at a show 2 weeks ago and they had a sign on an ak that said not for sale to marylanders:tdown: he wouldn't even sell it less the mag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom